Existing cust upgraded to EA?

petrozio

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Central Connecticut
My signal strength has been declining. E* sent a repair guy to take care of it. Currently I have 2 Dish 500's. 110/119 & 61.5. I'm in Ct. I asked Dish if they would upgrade me to EA. I only have 1 receiver, a 622. Dish refused to change me to EA and install 1 dish, but instead replaced the LMB's on both 500's, tightened the loos antennas, and fixed the grounding and rusted cable connectors. Seems like it would have been beneficial to change over to EA so there is only 1 antenna to maintain, all MPEG4 and more astatically pleasing, but no. Any existing customers ever get upgraded to EA?

i might be wrong on this but i believe EA is still only for new customers.

The eastern arc is being installed for new subs and existing subs are supposed to be left on their original dish setups ,even if they move to an eastern arc area. Seems stupid to me. If you want to upgrade to eastern you should be able to. I would call and talk to retention department and see if they can set you up with an eastern arc dish. The only other thing you can do is buy one online and set yourself up with the install yourself. I did that here in Tx . It is a tricky dish to install but it comes with instructions -that you should follow closely if you want a good signal . In Connecticut you should get around 60 on all of your sats on easten arc. Here in southeast Texas I get only 45-55 on all 3 sats. It really depends on the area of the country. The further south or north you go the less signal strength you get.

My signal strength has been declining. E* sent a repair guy to take care of it. Currently I have 2 Dish 500's. 110/119 & 61.5. I'm in Ct. I asked Dish if they would upgrade me to EA. I only have 1 receiver, a 622. Dish refused to change me to EA and install 1 dish, but instead replaced the LMB's on both 500's, tightened the loos antennas, and fixed the grounding and rusted cable connectors. Seems like it would have been beneficial to change over to EA so there is only 1 antenna to maintain, all MPEG4 and more astatically pleasing, but no. Any existing customers ever get upgraded to EA?
How old was your installation and how do your SS #'s look now? IOW, did the dish tune-up solve your problem?

My original setup is about 4 ys old but had 61.5 added a few years ago. The tune-up worked great. No more pixilation, but I would be nice nice to only have one dish.

I had my 61.5 110/119 changed to EA this winter since I had nothing but trouble with the the original set up. I was a new customer in Aug 2008 and a former customer with the original dish's and new LNB's. If you are having problems ask them if they will change you over they did for me. Oh and I told them that the last tech that was there said EA may be better for me.

The eastern arc is being installed for new subs and existing subs are supposed to be left on their original dish setups ,even if they move to an eastern arc area. Seems stupid to me. If you want to upgrade to eastern you should be able to. I would call and talk to retention department and see if they can set you up with an eastern arc dish. The only other thing you can do is buy one online and set yourself up with the install yourself. I did that here in Tx . It is a tricky dish to install but it comes with instructions -that you should follow closely if you want a good signal . In Connecticut you should get around 60 on all of your sats on easten arc. Here in southeast Texas I get only 45-55 on all 3 sats. It really depends on the area of the country. The further south or north you go the less signal strength you get.

thank you :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)