Expert advise needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2004
I've been a member of this board for quite some time, so I know that this is the best place to get advice.

I have a problem with one of my DirecTV locations in the house. It is the bedroom, where I have replaced a basic Samsung receiver with one of the original basic RCA receivers that came with the "3 room free" set ups.

The reason I went back to the RCA was that the Samsung was often freezing up, needing a reset by pulling the plug. This meant that we'd need to do the entire download almost every time we went to watch TV up there. For what its wrth, the receiver was ON all the time. But when we'd turn on the TV the receiver would be locked.

I finally gave up and replaced it with an old RCA that never gave me a problem. At first everything went OK, but within a week the RCA started to act up. This time it would only cycle channels below 200. Again, a plug pull and reset with download is needed.

I'm suspecting that there is a problem from the dish to the receiver. I have no problem anywhere else in the house, and I have 3 other locations.

Any thoughts?

Try switching the outgoing cables around at the multiswitch. If oneof your other recievers starts having this problem its the multiswitch if not probably the cabling or connectors. Have you given any thougth to turning off the reciever?

your model number is drd-435-rh and your reciever looks like a doorstop.

software problems. rcas don't like to keep their guide info.

dtv knows about the problem...bet rca comes out with ANOTHER patch to their quilt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)