Expert Speculation Needed...

jacflorida

Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Florida
I recently got DN in Gainesville, FL. Despite being in a western arc DMA, I convinced installer to hook me up with 1000.4 EA to avoid 2 dish setup, planning to get locals OTA. EA has worked great, but, since Gainesville locals are on 129, I don't get my EPG info for OTA channels. Obviously, locals thru dish are ideal for several reasons, and I have contemplated adding a wing dish to get 129 (although I'd likely be pointing thru my neighbor's living room because of the low elevation!). Does anyone know when, if ever, Dish is planning to add more EA DMAs? I can't seem to find anything on the internet about it. I hoped that it would have happened when they recently added the HD locals, but unfortunately not.

P.S. Great forum!

The 129 satellite is like at 30 degree elevation for us so it is not that bad. I am south of you and I am getting 148 satellite as an internationals backup which is at an elevation of < 12.

Even if you plan on getting locals OTA, you still have to subscribe to Dish locals to get the guide data. I am in Utah and was installed with an EA. My locals also come off 110/129 - but I got guide data after I subscribed.

The guide data comes off 72.7 for EA. I'm not exactly sure which satellite the WA uses for the guide, but I believe it is 119. In any case, if you subscribe to locals you will get the guide data.

Gainesville SD locals are on 110. HD locals for GNV were supposed to launch April 1st, but I don't think they made it. It should be soon, however, because I noticed some uplink activity for WOGX on that day. Once they are up and running, try calling Dish and tell them you want HD locals from 129. That will get you the one dish you desire (assuming LOS thru your neighbor's living room). You'll most likely have to re-up your 24 month, but since you are a recent customer it shouldn't be that bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts