Explain to me the service fee - no telephone

kgavin said:
I have been looking into a 622. During this adventure I encountered the "no phone line" fee. I agree it is like being charged because your room is not painted blue. I have never had a phone line hooked up to any receiver I have had, so this made no sense.

I was a difficult child growing up. I would never do anything my parents asked unless they gave me a valid reason why and I am still that person today. I have spent the last two days dogging E* for the answer to this question. By the time I got the answer I already suspected it, but I wanted E* to tell me.

Why does a fee that somewhat make sense and that you can get around bother you so much? How about the $6 a month because we can DVR fee, or that you have to subscribe to the local package just to get guide data for your digital over the air locals?

Those are the fees that keep me from buying the new dish DVRs. I think plugging in your phone/VOIP line is a fair exchange for not having to pay for a second box and not having to pay a mirror fee.

kb7oeb said:
Why does a fee that somewhat make sense and that you can get around bother you so much? How about the $6 a month because we can DVR fee, or that you have to subscribe to the local package just to get guide data for your digital over the air locals?

Those are the fees that keep me from buying the new dish DVRs. I think plugging in your phone/VOIP line is a fair exchange for not having to pay for a second box and not having to pay a mirror fee.

Exactly. The fee is not a no phone line fee. If you hookup the phone line dish waives the Additional outlet fee for the 2nd tuner in a dual tuner box that has the ability to output to 2 TV's. ( i.e. dish has never charged an AO fee on 721 & 921 which are dual tuner boxes, but setup to only output to 1 TV without the option of outputting to 2 TVs)

OK, so if i hook up a phone line, what are the audit police be looking for and why would i get a call from them??

Well then... I've got a two cents to add to this discussion...

1st. I've got a 622, and it is my only receiver. HOW IN THE WORLD CAN I BE AN ACCOUNT STACKER WITH *ONE* BOX?? They can disable the HD tuner in my 622, why not give me an option to disable TV2?? I live alone, and I can't even watch two things at once. No reason to charge me for not having the phone plugged in. I don't care what they call it, I am being charged more money if I don't have the 622 plugged into the phone line.

I'm confused about what these fees cost.

Here is what my bill lists the fees as...

Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee: ....... $5.00
Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee (HD): $6.00

The 625 gets charged $5/mo for no phone line connected.
Does this mean that the 622 costs an extra dollar for not having a phone line connected?

Is the additiional Outlet fee the same as a second receiver fee? My understanding was that this fee was also known as the "no phone line" fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)