ExpressVu 9200 & External hard Drive

wyldk9

Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
I know the new 9242 has the feature to connect an external hard drive. But I was wondering if anyonehas tried it with the older/original 9200 model?

I have the 9200 model and have tried and successfully used the picture viewer function and have viewed my photos on it, but has anyone tried to hook up an external hard drive and transfer shows, just like the 9242 model?

I have read on a site that this external hard drive feature WILL NOT be enabled or work for the 9200. I find this odd, as it appears that the feature is enabled.

Thx in advance

Hi,

This feature is on the 9242 only. The 6141 is said to be geting it also. No word on 9200 availability.

Expect ExpressVU.....errr.... Belltv to abandon old receivers just like Dish does.

Kryspy

the 9242 firm ware update should be out this month and the 6141 will be out in sept is what i heard from a buddy that owns a Bell store

There are many reports of using a 1TB drive without any problems. Also note that currently this is only for archiving, not recording.

the 9242 firm ware update should be out this month and the 6141 will be out in sept is what i heard from a buddy that owns a Bell store

Kryspy can read what I am asking, why cant you..............? I dont really care about the 9242 model or any other, otherwise I would have asked about them.........troll on another forum..........TY

I can't think of a way to connect an external hard disk but have a suggestion if your looking to upgrade the size of your hard disk and you're adventurous. Try removing the hard disk and using your PC and Partition Magic to clone the image over to a larger hard disk. This is something I will be trying this winter when I indoors more.

I can't think of a way to connect an external hard disk but have a suggestion if your looking to upgrade the size of your hard disk and you're adventurous. Try removing the hard disk and using your PC and Partition Magic to clone the image over to a larger hard disk. This is something I will be trying this winter when I indoors more.

Uhhmmm, the 9200 HAS the USB ports already & the USB thumbdrive workd for transfering pics.
Once again, i require ONLY USEFULL INPUT ON THE SUBJECT AT HAND & WHETHER OR NOT ANYONE HAS TRIED AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON THE 9200 MODEL!!!!!!!!

You cannot and never will be able to use an external drive on the 9200. It is the same hardware as the dish 942 and E* stated when the external drive option became available the the 942 was not compatable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)