Expressvu 9200 In The Flesh!!!

ken, thank you for your input. I've obtained a new 9200 and currently LOVE using it here in NOcal. I agree that a 2 dish solution is workable especially if you were to obtain collectors to accept the D shaped dish pro heads and an appropriate dish pro plus switch like the DPP44. I will consider using exactly that later on in my experimentation.
Maybe you, Iceberg, or others can help me make a decision. The NFL Sunday Ticket package is one of the main reasons why I decided to go Vu. I am capable of receiving some, but not all, of the transponders out of Nimiq 3. Is there any place on the web which has the EXACT transponders being used for NFLST (Standard Def please)? I'm hoping they do NOT fall into Xponders 3,7,11,or 23. A positive answer in my favor will determine if I will be able to get NFLST this year. Thanks.

I did a scan of the transponders I can receive on Nimiq 3 with a fta receiver, hoping that their respective channel identifiers during a scan. But I think the signals are so low, that they never came up. I have a feeling those NFL games will be on those darkened spots. Only thing I can do now is to weigh the costs of the HD NFLST games against what one can receive normally in my DMA or via *ack* Direct.

Techdood, I asked on another forum and was given these numbers. This is now 3rd hand info, so take it for what it's worth.

tp 14 451,461,463
tp 19 458
tp 20 453
tp 23 457
tp 27 459,452
tp 30 454
tp 31 464 462 460 456

tp 18 465,466
tp21 467,468
tp7 469,470

If that info is correct, looks like you'll be OK.

Yeah, for the most part. Only channel 457, according to the list, which uses transponder 23 which is on Nimiq 3 that I cannot receive. Watch...it'll be the one channel that has Raider Games. *phhhhffbt* Just my luck.
OK, so I am going to enjoy my 9200 a little more. I just need to overcome some of the difficulties I've subjected myself to Like routing my cables so that they neatly become presentable on my toroidal-90. Maybe to get my Nimiq1/3 signal past that 50 barrier on those Nimiq3 transponders I CAN receive. I'll need to find a way to call Bell to let them know I have successfully aquired 82W to start in on additional HD reception, especially those US networks.

techdood said:
the 9200 unit is Dish Pro Plus capable, therefore the single line solution can apply, as discussed earlier, which consists of a Dish Pro Plus LNBF twin with 20" collector a dish pro plus separator connected to both satellite leds on the receiver.
I ordered a 9200 and to get ready for its arrival I took off the legacy twin LNB and put in a DishPro Plus Twin LNB.

However I ran into an issue, the ExpressVu 6000 would not work with the DishPro Plus LNB. :( I had to put back the old LNB again.

Still waiting for the 9200 too. :(

Scott, do you have another receiver hooked up along with your 6000? It was my understanding that for DPP to work with legacy, you need to have at least one DP receiver hooked up as well.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I ordered a 9200 and to get ready for its arrival I took off the legacy twin LNB and put in a DishPro Plus Twin LNB.

However I ran into an issue, the ExpressVu 6000 would not work with the DishPro Plus LNB. :( I had to put back the old LNB again.

Still waiting for the 9200 too. :(

When exactly did you placed your order for the 9200 if I may ask?

pro-96 said:
When exactly did you placed your order for the 9200 if I may ask?

I ordered it around the time of the Satellite Expo in Memphis.

Some good news, I just was informed that my unit has shipped and will be here in a few days. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I ordered it around the time of the Satellite Expo in Memphis.

Some good news, I just was informed that my unit has shipped and will be here in a few days. :D

Still in back order, :no

Boy this back-order really sucks..

So I went ahead and ordered the DSR505 system tonight.. Although not a DVR, I'd settle.

UPS ground countdown begins tomorrow to Cali. :yes

pro-96 said:
Boy this back-order really sucks..

So I went ahead and ordered the DSR505 system tonight.. Although not a DVR, I'd settle.

UPS ground countdown begins tomorrow to Cali. :yes

If from KuSat.. its gonna take a while, but I am sure you wont be disappointed with the picture quality :)

It takes two days to get to connecticut including customs, so you are looking at about a week.

You can call Phillipe and get your tracking number so you will know when it will be there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts