expressvu in florida

2eagle

Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Last year i used an expressvu hd reciever here in port st. lucie florida. I didn't get all channels but enough to satisfy me. This year I don't seem to be able to get 82 at all. The signal on 91 is strong but no 82. Does anyone know if bell is blocking this signal somehow.

No they are not blocking 82. About 3 weeks ago they got their new satellite Nimiq 4 operational. Unfortunately it has a footprint that loses a lot of the southern US. I am in Nashville and I barely get transponders 3, 4, 8, 9, 12, 13, 16, 17, 20, 21, 24, 25, 28,29 and 32.

I think you will be totally out of luck in Florida.

If you want Canadain HD without any issues in the bottom half of the US you will need to get Star Choice. The Star Choice receiver's software is far less advanced but the basics are there and the picture quality is probably a little better.

If you want Canadain HD without any issues in the bottom half of the US you will need to get Star Choice. The Star Choice receiver's software is far less advanced but the basics are there and the picture quality is probably a little better.
Less advanced??? How can that be? You not talking about a plain HD 6100 or SD 4100 are you?

BTW, OnlineLC is right if you are south of North Carolina or Tennessee, there is probably not much hope for this Nimiq 4. Here the TPs are weak and when it rains they go away. Except of course for TP 3. It is 100% no matter what. Still wonder why they leave it on Nimiq 2 , although I think that it just carries SD programming.

Less advanced??? How can that be? You not talking about a plain HD 6100 or SD 4100 are you?

If you look at the abilty to actually hide channels you can include the 4100 yes, but the 9242 with two tuners that you can record the same time and actually the OTA digital tuner can be recording too and at the same time you can watch a previously recorded show... the 530 us nowhere near this, much less having a OTA digital tuner.

The favorites menu for *C is a joke, you can only use it for guide purposes.

Unless I am missing something here, I wish you could make the channels you do not subscribe to dissapear, but hey I am still very glad to have Canadian HD TV.

I'm in SW Florida, and have given up on Expressvu. You will not pick up 82 even if you can hook into the dishes NASA has!

A real disappointment, waiting for Nimiq 4 the last couple of years, and then getting completely cut off. And when they replace the 91 bird, I'm sure that footprint will be shifted north as well.

I'm in SW Florida, and have given up on Expressvu. You will not pick up 82 even if you can hook into the dishes NASA has!

A real disappointment, waiting for Nimiq 4 the last couple of years, and then getting completely cut off. And when they replace the 91 bird, I'm sure that footprint will be shifted north as well.

Go with Starchioce and get everything again.

I mainly had it for Leafs HD hockey before it was prevalent on Center Ice, and watched very little else. Now with most games in HD on CI, the economy sucking, $160 was a lot less than a monthly subscription and new equipment.

I can live without it.

I mainly had it for Leafs HD hockey before it was prevalent on Center Ice, and watched very little else. Now with most games in HD on CI, the economy sucking, $160 was a lot less than a monthly subscription and new equipment.

I can live without it.

If *C ever gets LeafsTV in HD you could consider it then, the subscription cost for it would be very low and you can buy the 505 for $199 or less sometimes.

I wish they had "the Score" in HD with them covering 20 Raptor games this year, plus I think about 45 other games in HD.

If *C ever gets LeafsTV in HD you could consider it then, the subscription cost for it would be very low and you can buy the 505 for $199 or less sometimes.

I wish they had "the Score" in HD with them covering 20 Raptor games this year, plus I think about 45 other games in HD.

with time they will all come

I wish RIS turned HD, they have MNF and a few hockey games a week :D

Expressvu Sat 91 transponders

I am in south west Florida and getting strong signals on Sat 91 but some transponders have no signal at all on transponder ( 04,08,12,18,22,24,26,30) since we can't get Sat 82 does this have anything to do with it. The channels that broadcast on these transponders are not available. Any solution to this

Thanks JP:confused:

Leafs HD

For the Star Choice customers, when Leafs games are brocasted on Leaf's TV, they are also brocasted in HD, channel 266 or 267. At least it was for the last game!!

Sat 82

Sorry to say that Bell 82 is no longer avilable in Florida. The new foor print is marginal as it seems Alabama is the further it will reach and those signals are in the 30=50 range. You will never get 82 back even witha bigger dish. 91 will also be changing foorprints in the coming months. Change over to Star Choice and forget the headache this has caused everyione!!!

Last year i used an expressvu hd reciever here in port st. lucie florida. I didn't get all channels but enough to satisfy me. This year I don't seem to be able to get 82 at all. The signal on 91 is strong but no 82. Does anyone know if bell is blocking this signal somehow.

I live down south in Coral Springs. Sold off all my Bell stuff and called it a day.
Bell has basically cut off the southern part of the states.

Only choice is Starchoice. They are a very good alternative! Signal is great!

Hey johnny101 try again--are you getting more xpdrs now? Weve got a bunch back! Everything now but 10, 18, 22, and 26. We have all our movie channels back except one. I hope it will last! It must be the new satellite (which isnt really new but now its at 91) and I hope they don't change its footprint. And maybe it will even take over the other bad 91 xpdrs and we'lll get them too!

Sat 91

your right most TP's are OK now except for a few that are about 40% and sometimes the program on that TP won't come in The rest are upper 80 to 95%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)