Strange SC Problem

MaxSatt

Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
We installed star choice, but are having a wierd problem.

We can get anik f1 fine and f2 (it is somewhat weaker). If i just plug one feed into the receivers, no porblem. I can get the HD fine on the West bird, and the rest ok on the east bird.

If I plug both in, it works UNTIL I change to a channel on a different satellite. Then both signals die. I unhook the cable, and put it back in and I am back- until I change channels.

If i leave the the main satellite (anik f1) plugged into the receiver it works fine with not a problem!
Anyone have an idea what is going on here???:eureka

Dan in bama

What kind of dish, lnbs and switch (if any) are you using? Please explain your setup.

Also are you sure you second cable is ok, kinda sounds like a short.

info on switch lnb

I have a DMS international SW-21k switch and the lnb's are made by same company. Very sure there is not a prob with the cable...it works fine until i add the other signal into the box.

Using two elliptical 75cm wide dishes.

signal 80 on the east f1 and 53-55 on west f2

wierd problem

No they are not the starchoice antenna. Two separate dishes with each lnb having two outputs.
moz-screenshot.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6261.jpg
    IMG_6261.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 137
Wrong multiswitch - you need a 2X2, 2X4 or 2X8 etc 22kz multiswitch. You are using a 2X1 switch which combines signals from 2 satellites to 1 receiver.

wierd problem

We have two dishes and two receivers, so I do need a switch that combines two satellites into one receiver. Correct? One is an HD receiver the other is a standard receiver.

Dan

switches

We have two switches that each take the feed from the two dishes and then have an output to the receiver, the other switch takes the two feeds, one from each dish and outputs a single feed to the other receiver. (Each LNB has two connectors)

Are you saying this will not work? I do get a pic on BOTH sats. It only dies when I change channels.

Right now I am just working with one receiver. I have a feed from the west sat into the 22khz side of the switch and the east sat into the 0khz side of the switch. The output of the switch into my HDreceiver. Again it works fine until I change channels. Then both signals die.

dan

update on switch issue-advice still needed

Have investigated further tonight. I can get all stations fine when i put one satellite feed at a time in. When i combine the feeds from the two dishes through the switch, i lose the east satellite. I can still get the HD channels on the west coast sat. just fine.

Any ideas?

Dan

The Starchoice 2x2 switch wont work as it is designed for a stacked system....LNB's you have are unstacked so as noted above a 4x4 switch is what you need

I bought the Zinwell WB68 switch and it works great for unstacked LNBs and it requires no power adapter. You can find them easy on ebay.

Attachments

• DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 132

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts