problem with bell install

greevio

Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
canada
i have recently moved into a new home and have a bell dish on the roof, so i though perfect time to dust off my hd bell 6131 receiver and hook up, trying to get signal was a breeze, but when i hooked up the sw21 switch i can only receive signal for one dish at a time, if i hard wire directly to the lnb's separatly i get signal on both but once they go into the switch only one shows up ( the one plugged into the dish 1 port on the switch), so at this point i went and bought a new sw21 switch and found that there is nothing wrong with the switch because the new switch gave me the same issues. is it possible that my receiver is fried? like ive said ive had them hooked straight to the receiver separatly and no problems getting signal on either one so that cancels out a lnb error or cable error, and when i run check switch its says missing port1a sat91 odd (even though this is the signal it says im getting) any help is greatly apreciated

Run check switch with no cable connected and save the settings. Connect cable and run check switch again. Also.. Make sure that the LNB does not say DP on it...if it does let me know and I will tell you what you need to do.

ok i will try this when i get home today, and check the lnb. one thing i was told by a friend was to disconnect the power inserter and go directly to the reciever from the dish, is this power inserter needed for a 6131 reciever?

You only need the power inserter if you are using a DPP44 switch. For BEV only, you would never have more than 2 satellites, so this switch is not required.

The Power Inserter is also used for SW44 installations.

SW21's are pretty much bullet proof, not see more than a dozen fail in the last 5 or 6 years, unless moisture gets into them.

If you are ever thinking of swapping to a Dual Tuner HD PVR, don't bother duplicating the cabling you have now, for the 2nd Tuner, just swap out the 2 x LNBF's and the SW21 for a DPP Twin LNBF and a DPP Seperator. Much cleaner and not much extra cost but can be a huge saving in time and effort.