New Shaw LNB?

lumiere

Original poster
May 18, 2013
Mexico
I understand that Shaw will provide new LNBs so that subscribers can pick up all 3 satellites. Is my current Quad LNB compatible?

How does this affect those of us in the South?

I know that I will not be able to get the new bird with my E75 dish, I just want to be assured that I do not need that new LNB down here.

Thanks

I understand that Shaw will provide new LNBs so that subscribers can pick up all 3 satellites. Is my current Quad LNB compatible? How does this affect those of us in the South? I know that I will not be able to get the new bird with my E75 dish, I just want to be assured that I do not need that new LNB down here. Thanks

The footprint for the new satellite Anik G1 does not cover Mexico, that´s a fact.

Since we in Mexico do not receive that signal, there is no need for us using the extended Ku band lnbs required for that satellite.

Furthermore, and as explained in the thread linked below, if you use such extended lnbs without having G1´s signal, that could bring you some problems. (i.e black screens in some channels).

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...-an-address-for-Shaw-outside-the-Toronto-area

I understand that the E75 dish does receive the signals for Anik F1 and Anik F2 in Mexico and even parts of Central America, even though with such dish size you may loose signal due to rain fade.

If possible I´d recommend you use a larger dish, maybe 2 separate dishes for each satellite, or even a 1.8 meters can be arranged to receive both satellite signals.