ExpressVu in the US

paddy9990_1

Original poster
May 2, 2007
La Baie Quebec Canada
Ten years ego I uee to spend the winter in mostly Brownsville Texas right on the Mexian border. Reception with Expressvu was excellent right through the lower states. A friend of mine stays in Yuma Az and he has loet all contact with Expressvu. Apparently he just kept losing channels. Has anyone got an explaination.

there are plenty of threads on it but the main reason is a "crapelite". EVu bought 2 DirecTV satellites and uses one on 91 & one on 82...so at both slots they have 2 satellites. this helps prolong the original satellites by not having a full load. Problem is those crapelites dont reach the west coast, aned parts of the southern US

So the only options are to deal with it or switch to StarChocie :)

Iceberg is correct....I'm in Corpus Christi,TX and having just spent several hours re-tweeking my my large Fortec aimed at 82 and my 30" Winegard aimed at 91. I have finally gotten all the transponders on both birds to give me sufficient signal strength to receive programming with the exception of transponder 11 on the 82 bird. This transponder has ABCEast, NBCWest, and a CTVHD channel. I receive adequate signal strength on transponder 11 only during daylight hours.
Up the road apiece in Austin all BEV products are adequate in signal strength, down in Brownsville you are too far out of the footprint and will lose all odd transponders on 82.

and sadly the footprint issue is either its there or its not....Corpus Christi must be on the "uber fringe" of the satellite.

What's weird is in MN those signals are STRONGER than the normal satellite (the original)...must be when they shifted the footprint now we're in the sweet spot :)

there are plenty of threads on it but the main reason is a "crapelite". EVu bought 2 DirecTV satellites and uses one on 91 & one on 82...so at both slots they have 2 satellites. this helps prolong the original satellites by not having a full load. Problem is those crapelites dont reach the west coast, aned parts of the southern US

So the only options are to deal with it or switch to StarChocie :)

Iceberg, Could you please explain the part about "so at both slots they have two satellites" I lost you. Thanks

ExpressVU uses 2 satellites at 91 & 2 at 82. The 32 transponders on each satellite are split amongst the 2 satellites at each spot to lessen the load. So some stations people can get because its on the main satellite (N1) which covers the US & Canada. They are using 24 transponders of the 32. N4 (the crapelite) has I think 8 TP's being used and the footprint doesnt reach Southern US.

bruin95, Can you tell me which HD channels you can receive and what size Dish you are using? Not sure any transponders from 82 can be received in SoCal but thought I would ask.

I'm in Dallas, I replaced the dp500 dish with a 31" about 2 months ago for the 82 bird and got around 52 signal strength for the tp 1. But now the signal drop to 40 and the receiver can't lock the satellite. Signal for other tps are OK. Do you think if I replace it with 36" or 39" dish will help ? or I should go with *c. Thanks

I'm in Dallas, I replaced the dp500 dish with a 31" about 2 months ago for the 82 bird and got around 52 signal strength for the tp 1. But now the signal drop to 40 and the receiver can't lock the satellite. Signal for other tps are OK. Do you think if I replace it with 36" or 39" dish will help ? or I should go with *c. Thanks

I would just to with *Choice.

Bell ExpressVu has new bird on order/going up in the next couple of years.

With the NW territories having major rain fade issues I would expect the new bird when they go up to be designed to optimize signal for Canada, and reduce signal overlap into the US.

The current crapillites that Bell ExpressVu got from DirecTV are weak, but they are also positioned to server Canada (expecially the NW territories) better than N1 or N2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts