ExpressVu newbie questions

scooby2

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure if I can get N1/N3 or N2 due to my house being surrounded by trees. I am able to get D* but its tough. Is there any way i can buy a cheap dish/reciever off ebay to see if I can get it working? What would I need to get? Is a smart card required for checking signal strengths? If it doesn't work I can sell it back on ebay but I would really like to try without ordering the 9220.

Thanks,
Scooby

Call a local independent satellite dealer who has a signal meter. Ask him to do a site survey. He will probably charge for this. If you can get DTV, you can get SC

I stand corrected. I should have said "If your DTV elliptical dish gets programming from the 3 DTV slots, then a SC elliptical dish will work"

I have a dual dish setup. About 15 feet apart. Single dish gets 101 and then my elliptical gets 110 and 119. Cant seem to get all three from my yard. I think i'd prefer BEV due to the HD content and their hd-dvr seems better then the *C hddvr. Am I wrong?

Satellite Expert said:
If you are after HD football and hockey, Expressvu definitely better way to go.
Yeah i've had Sunday ticket for 5 years now. HD is a must.

Is the Dish 500 quad lnb what i need? I have a friend that just bailed on dish and he is willing to give me that. All i'd need is a cheap receiver since I'm guessing the dish receivers wont see N1/N3 or N2. I live in a very small town and there really arent many satellite installers around.

ok i'm an idiot. I was thinking N1/N3 and N2 would be west of the directv sats. They are actually east for me which is the only open area i have. Should be a perfect shot. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts