ExpressVu question

janzy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
I have had my ExpressVu 6100 receiver disconnected from the dish and power source for about 3 months due to a remodel.
I reconnected everything and its got no picture or sat signal.
Do I have to contact my broker to get a rehit from the satellite company?
Thanks

6100 dont' have access cards, do they? I'm thinking they don't but just checking in case it's the old access card.

If a reciever is out of the stream (unplugged or disconnected from Dish) for more than a week or two, it will lose it's authorization (part of the Nagra 2 "protection") and all your channels will be red. You'll have to call Bell to get a re-hit. Just explain you were remodeling and they'll happily send the re-hit. You'll likely have to play the "location ID" "game" with all your recievers though.
As for no signal, you should have that. Check the lines to make sure they're okay.

Or no re-hit?

First off, if you aren't getting any signal, there is something wrong with your setup. Maybe your dish got moved slightly, maybe a cable got disconnected.

As for the needing to call Bell for a re-hit; it isn't always needed. If you are inclined to leave your receiver in the stream, after a few weeks you will get all your channels back.

First priority is re-establishing signal. One you have signal, you should still be able to tune to the "how to hook up your receiver" channel; I think it's 198.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)