Ext HDD not appearing under "My Recordings" folder on DVR menu anymore?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sremick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Vermont, USA
Breaking my numerous issues into separate threads...

On my old ViP722K, all my DVR recordings on my external hard drive were available under a single "My Recordings" (or something) folder that appeared on the main DVR menu. This was very easy to get to. On the replacement DVR, this "My Recordings" menu doesn't appear and the only way to get to the recordings on the external hard drive is Menu-4-1-1 which is a pain. Was there a change, or am I missing/forgetting a setting somewhere?

You are forgetting to arrange recordings by name (? or whatever it is). I had my two 612s replaced this year; they both did what you describe and it took me awhile to find this setting and set it again. Of course I've promptly forgotten where that setting is. :( Once you set that on your new 722K, it will behave as it did on your old 722K.

Actually, it wasn't that. Apparently if you have no recordings on your DVR, the "My media" folder for the external HDD won't appear. As soon as you have at least one recording on the local HDD, it appears. Not sure what's up with that....

Reactions: TheKrell
If you search a computer for all .jpg file types, you'll get a list of drives and folders with .jpg files. If there are no .jpg files on a folder or drive, it won't show up. I would say your situation is similar.

If you search a computer for all .jpg file types, you'll get a list of drives and folders with .jpg files. If there are no .jpg files on a folder or drive, it won't show up. I would say your situation is similar.
Not quite though. There is content on the external HDD. There just wasn't any on the internal DVR HDD. Seems strange that with no content on the internal HDD, the "My Media" folder for the content on the ext HDD wouldn't appear.

It's not a big deal, as I will normally always have some content on the internal HDD, but seemed a curious issue that was worth mentioning in case it tripped anyone else up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts