Extend recording in progress

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mgs24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I went from a 722 to a 722k. I used to be able to hit the Record button and the the FWD to a program currently being recorded, to extend the time. Now when I do that it just says recording in progress. Did that get removed in a software update? Or was it never a feature on the K version? Can we expect that to be added to the 722k?

Thanks, Mike

You can use the Option button to extend the time even after it says it is recording or the edit button is grayed out, especially on repeat/pass timers. This may not override later recordings already set up.
-Ken

To the OP, just to clarify my earlier post: I did have a recording in progress and pressed the record button method, etc. that you said won't work on your box. Well, that did work on my box, and I have used it a fair number of times. But as one poster suggested, perhaps you had a manual timer.

So last night I tested this again and I received the same message, Recording in Progress. In a later test I went to the guide and started to record a program that was already airing, I then hit the record again and was able to extend with the FWD button on the remote. I am not sure why this is not consistent because I used to use it all the time on my 722. I will have to test more and see if it is related to recording that are OTA.

Thanks for your help, Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)