Extended HBO

SQUEEZON

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Oregon
Well the new extended HBO on Dish is really good. And as I stated earlier it pretty much follows HBO-GO. any comments??

I don't see anything different. 96 titles, a number of programs, but not complete series. Nothing like the HBO GO catalog. I have a 722k.

HBO-GO

Not interface, content. I see close to 200 entries
HBO-Go is provided by Google TV, Comcast, and now Dish as well as other providers. If you are an HBO subscriber HBO-GO provides all of the HBO movies, series etc that you may have missed, or want to watch again. Deadwood, Boardwalk and several other series. On Dish if you subscribe to HBO it is found by clicking on the DVR button, and selecting "television" then you will find it along with other providers such as Epic, IFC, etc.

Not interface, content. I see close to 200 entries
It looks the same as it did weeks ago. Very limited selection of HBO programming, nowhere near what is available via HBO Go.

HBO-Go is provided by Google TV, Comcast, and now Dish as well as other providers. If you are an HBO subscriber HBO-GO provides all of the HBO movies, series etc that you may have missed, or want to watch again. Deadwood, Boardwalk and several other series. On Dish if you subscribe to HBO it is found by clicking on the DVR button, and selecting "television" then you will find it along with other providers such as Epic, IFC, etc.
Not exactly correct. HBO Go is provided by HBO and available via web browser on PC's, Macs, Google TV, and via apps on Roku, iPhone, iPad, and Android.

Regardless of viewing platform, it is only available to HBO subscribers who subscribe through certain providers. Dish has been one such provider for some time now. But, some of those providers only allow access through some methods. (DirecTV, for instance, allows web access, but not Roku access.)

HBO On Demand is entirely different from HBO Go. HBO On Demand is what is found on Dish DVR's with streaming capability. It is what you get when you go to DVR/TV/Network. Unfortunately, not only doesn't Dish carry the huge library of programming found on HBO Go, it doesn't even have what is supposed to be available via HBO OnDemand.

I have yet to see this newly expended HBO library that Dish mentioned in its recent press release. I wish they would clarify when this will be available, and how to access it.

To view HBO-Go simply press the DVR button on your remote. Then go to All Television Shows-then go to "by network" then you will see a list of networks, go to HBO, then scroll down to your favorites

We know how it works. The problem is a couple people seem to be mistaken the 100+ selection of HBO On Demand for the 1400 or 4000, whichever it is, HBO Go.

To view HBO-Go simply press the DVR button on your remote. Then go to All Television Shows-then go to "by network" then you will see a list of networks, go to HBO, then scroll down to your favorites
I STILL don't see it. I went to HBO and their are 100 titles total available. I chose the folder for "The Sopranos" and it lists ONLY 10 episodes of "The Sopranos" starting with season 2. If I go online to HBOGO there are 86 episodes available. I was expected to see all 86 episodes available on my 722 now but I don't.

Yeah. SQUEEZON is 100% totally, completely, positively, and unequivocally incorrect.

I explained the difference between HBO GO and HBO OnDemand in post #7 above. I suggest that any misguided folks who think they are getting "HBO Go' on their DVR's go back and read it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)