Extending Directv signal to a standalone multipurpose room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dennis Brown

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Currently, I have two separate Directv feeds to different rooms in my home. Both are connected to HR24's. One feed goes into an exercise room where it is connected to an HDMI powered splitter so that the HD signal is transmitted to a bedroom. The other feed goes directly to my living room and is not split.

I'm renovating a 16' x 24' structure to make a multipurpose room and would like to install another HR24. Is there some way to split the signal at the Directv dish and run a cable to the new structure. If so, what type of cable would need to be run from (1) the Directv dish to the new structure and (2) inside the new structure. Obviously, I would like it to be an HD not an SD signal. Would Directv install a new setup free-of-charge or would I have to purchase a new HR24 from Directv or a retailer.

Thanks for your help

Dennis

Currently, I have two separate Directv feeds to different rooms in my home. Both are connected to HR24's. One feed goes into an exercise room where it is connected to an HDMI powered splitter so that the HD signal is transmitted to a bedroom. The other feed goes directly to my living room and is not split.

I'm renovating a 16' x 24' structure to make a multipurpose room and would like to install another HR24. Is there some way to split the signal at the Directv dish and run a cable to the new structure. If so, what type of cable would need to be run from (1) the Directv dish to the new structure and (2) inside the new structure. Obviously, I would like it to be an HD not an SD signal. Would Directv install a new setup free-of-charge or would I have to purchase a new HR24 from Directv or a retailer.

Thanks for your help

Dennis

Alot depends on what dish you currently have, if it is a SWM set up, you'll have 1 line coming from the dish going to a splitter somewhere, if you need to add a line for the new HR24, THAT is where you'll connect it.

If it's a Non SWM dish set up, you'll run to the LNB or MultiSwitch depending on your set up again. If theres 4 lines, you'll need to add a WB68 MS OR change to the SWM set up.

You would use RG6 coax if you ran it yourself.

I would call D* and or your local guy and ask about it, if your paying for the HR24, they MAY do the install free, don't know, thats up to them.

Hi Jimbo. I sent you a PM regarding which RG 6 cable to purchase from Monoprice.

Thanks,

Dennis

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)