External Drive ? w/ Hopper

smdriver

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I finally bit the bullet and got the Hopper and a Joey. With my old receiver, I was able to watch recordings directly from my external drive (I didn't have to move it to the receiver, then watch it). I can't figure out how to watch recordings directly from my external drive (2TB Western Digital) with the Hopper. DISH chat support says it's not possible, but I just find that hard to believe. Any suggestions from anyone?

Same here. I never move programs to the Hopper - just watch them from the external drive. That said, I do have trouble watching recordings on the external hard drive from a Joey - just rarely works, all I get's a black screen. When pressing the DVR button on the remote, the external drive(s) will show up in a grey drop-down menu to the right of the red My Recordings menu; it's labeled with whatever name has been given to the Hopper wo which the external drives are attached

I finally bit the bullet and got the Hopper and a Joey. With my old receiver, I was able to watch recordings directly from my external drive (I didn't have to move it to the receiver, then watch it). I can't figure out how to watch recordings directly from my external drive (2TB Western Digital) with the Hopper. DISH chat support says it's not possible, but I just find that hard to believe. Any suggestions from anyone?
Definitely possible. I do that from time to time. People have massive hard drive libraries stored that would be meaningless if they had to transfer to the harddrive. Chat is stupid. Most of them are from the Philippines and do not fully understand the equipment, which leaves them crippled in my opinion. If you have questions and need a serious answer, and do not mind waiting a day or two, always go to DIRT. They seriously are the best team in the industry and individually, they are on point. Not only do I think they are incredible for what they have available, but I wish they had the resources to grow that team to handle chat and social media platforms. They really could change the way Dish CS is offered.

Now while I am on this soapbox, I would like to see them implement a basic internet support team for their DishNet. It is possible, and can be relevant if built right. Right now, it just is not what it should be. Also, stick those Filipinos on the phone to handle generic billing questions and programming changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts