External Hard Drive Issue

syork1

Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Nashville, Tn
Recently I opted to bundle my Dish service with my phone/internet service-TDS. In doing so I am now getting an Attention screen #866 that says that I have attached the hard drive to a receiver that is registered to another account and only allows me the option to delete everything from the hard drive when I attempt to access the external drive. I spoke to service rep. 2 days ago who sent out request for info and got nothing back. Was on phone for with her full hour. Finally, to get rid of me she said to wait until the next day and see if it recycled the new info overnight. I gave it several hard boots and waited until now (48 hrs.) and nothing has changed. I called back in and this time another rep says that it is simply a recycling thing and to unplug the hard drive, wait 10 sec. and re plug. If this does not work just give it time and it will. I ask how do you know this so specifically? He says that he did the same thing with his own equipment and this is what happened with himself.

My question is: now I have waited several more hours, rebooted the hard drive and the receiver, with nothing changing, does anyone have any other suggestions as to making this happen or who to try to contact with dish??

The receiver is a 922. The hard drive is a western 1Tb external. Up to now everything has been fine.

My question is: now I have waited several more hours, rebooted the hard drive and the receiver, with nothing changing, does anyone have any other suggestions as to making this happen or who to try to contact with dish??

The receiver is a 922. The hard drive is a western 1Tb external. Up to now everything has been fine.

Can you please send me a PM with your account information so I can look into this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)