External Hard Drive

jwill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 1, 2005
The answer is probably right in front of me but I don't see it. I have an external hard drive hooked up to my Hooper. I can watch (and delete) previously recorded programs on it without any problem but I can figure out how to transfer new programs to the hard drive and transfer previously recorded programs from the hard drive.

Jim

There is a Transfer icon where all of the settings icons are (last one I think). But I would strongly suggest you search this forum for EHD because myself and others have run into problems once we've tried to movi content from the EHD to the Hopper. They seem to play fine from the EHD so for now I would suggest you not move them unless you can afford to lose them.

That's what the pdf manual stated, but on the Hopper I just had installed there is no transfer icon. I have Parental Controls, Guide Settings, Closed Captioning, Audio, DVR Defaults, Remote Manager, Format TV, Network Security and Diagnostics. Maybe they pulled it because of the problems.

Jim

Thanks, I knew it had to be right in front of me. I didn't realize that there was a scroll-bar with more options.

If you press menu, it should be the very last icon. Says "Recordings Transfer"

*Edit* - just a tad off my usual speediness tonight :p Glad that you found it!

Last edited:

Greetings from Team Summit

Cycling fans: no daily Giro d' Italia except on RAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)