External hard drives

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have successfully booted up a Linux live CD (or DVD) and made copies of the encrypted programs or moved them from one Dish-formatted disk to another. That works, though you must maintain the ownership of the files as root.

I also installed ext2fsd on my Windows computer with success. :D Note that, since these program files are encrypted, you can't watch them without a Dish receiver.
I'm afraid that's way beyond my capabilities.

So I finally got around to connecting the external hard drives that I had connected to my old 722. They all worked fine on the 722, but when I connected several of them to the Hopper with Sling I get the message that they need to be reformatted. Some of them connected and work fine, others say they need reformatting. I was hoping not to lose the data that is on those hard drives, is there anything else I can do? They are all WD drives, either 1TB or 2TB drives. Thanks for any information you may have.

Lucky you! At least it saw the drives. I have tried two different 2TB HDDs to my HWS and I get no messages of any kind no matter how long I leave them attached. One was a Seagate drive and the other was/is a WD drive. I have cold reset the HWS many times with no results. My DVR is filling up!

Reactions: TomT127

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)