External HD Problem

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Bought a seagate 750 gb hd, formatted and moved some stuff over. No problems. Now anytime I try and move anything over I get an error and then I cannot do anything on the HD without the Error "This option is currently in use by the other TV". The other TV is not on and it says the same thing.
Any ideas?
thanks

Bought a seagate 750 gb hd, formatted and moved some stuff over. No problems. Now anytime I try and move anything over I get an error and then I cannot do anything on the HD without the Error "This option is currently in use by the other TV". The other TV is not on and it says the same thing.
Any ideas?
thanks
Did you try reboot , sometimes on the seagates they will act up in that way if they go into sleep mode, then you might have repower ext hd or reboot 622,722

The Seagate drives go into sleep mode after 10 minutes of non-use by default. There are ways to turn off the sleep mode if you'd like and you can search this site for how to do it. Otherwise unplug the drive power and then plug it back in and it will wake up and it will work fine. Software fix is said to be coming early 2008.

Any ideas?
thanks

What did you do to cause this error? I get this error ONLY when I cancel a move from DVR to USB Disk. You need to wait around 5 minutes to start the process again or you can re-boot. Either way it will get rid of the error. If you did not take the sleep mode option out of the Seagate drive, you will need to power off/on the drive everytime you haven't used the drive for a period of time.

Just been reading the hundreds of messages about problems with the Seagate drives...man I wish I had read them earlier, looks like I picked the only drive that does not work well with the 622.
Thanks for all your help

Local Channels

Dish moover to another house.. sorta...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)