External HD results: Drives Working Properly

Same here, with turning the power option OFF via the AgentTools BEFORE letting the 622 reformat it.

Also a WD MyBook 750 is working fine without tweaks.

LER

I got Seagate freeagent, I think I am running in the same issue of sleep timer. I was able to transfer the content fine but then when I go to external HD list there is nothing.
After reconnecting the HD (Removing USB) it will work fine. So, is it sleep timer? I did not got anything from Seagate in the HD box so, is this a freeware from seagate website.

Also do I need to reformat it back to NTFS or something else before I can reset the sleep timer ? (If that is the case my recordings are gone)

Thanks Night, appreciate it. I did all of that, the drive is spinning, the computer recognized it and then I tried it 5 or 6 more times and all of a sudden the 622 reads it now. I am concerned now about what I have on the drive, not sure what happened, this is new to me.

I got Seagate freeagent, I think I am running in the same issue of sleep timer. I was able to transfer the content fine but then when I go to external HD list there is nothing.
After reconnecting the HD (Removing USB) it will work fine. So, is it sleep timer? I did not got anything from Seagate in the HD box so, is this a freeware from seagate website.

Yes. See the following:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1010231-post356.html

Also do I need to reformat it back to NTFS or something else before I can reset the sleep timer ? (If that is the case my recordings are gone)

No. The utilities only modify the firmware on the drive, don't let windows initialize it or format it!

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)