External HDD size still 2tb?

Does anyone know if there's still a 2tb limit on the size of the external drive that can be used with HWS?
The limit is 7TB. That can be either a single drive, or a combination of separate drives that add up to that amount, or just under that amount. Even then, some combinations of different drives have been reported to not work properly. More info here: U548
(That is the Hopper 3 thread, but the same feature also applies to the HWS.)

Would love to have a 4tb SSD...but not doing that just for "possible" storage... I usually just keep stuff on it that I can still re-record if I need to.

I have a 6TB Seagate with USB3 hub that is also sporting my AirTV dongle. No issues other than I can't plug in my older 1.5TB disks or they take over. :(

Does anybody know why the icons on my shows recorded via my 722 do not appear? The name of the show is the same...

I have several 2 TB full of recordings. I used to be concerned about backing up my favorite series. I have noticed that I can't view all the current content until the break between seasons when nothing new is on the air. I have a brand new WD Red 6 TB drive that I haven't even removed from its packaging, even though I have had it a couple years. Maybe if the Corona shutdown lasts longer than I expect i will find time to catch up on my TV viewing.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)