Extra Innings/Sports Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTVNoob

Mar 23, 2007
First off, thanks for the great forum you have here. I stumbled across the forum a few days ago and have enjoyed reading through some of the threads and learning more about DirecTV (As you can see from my username, I'm a newbie...)

Here's my question:

I am purchasing the EI package in order to get the Cincinnati Reds broadcasts (I'm located in Chicago, IL) As I understand it, when the Reds are the home team I will get the Reds announcers, when the Reds are away I will get that team's home announcers....is this correct?

Assuming the above is correct, can I purchase the $12 a month DirecTV Sport Pack which gives me access to Fox Sports Cincinnati. This is the channel that broadcasts the Reds games in Cincinnati. If I get this package will I be able to see all the Reds game on Fox Sports Cincinnati broadcasted by the Reds announcers (which is what I'm really aiming to do), or are all the MLB games on Fox Sports blacked out by the Extra Innings package?

I really appreciate your help in this matter. I just spent 1 hour with DirecTV. 3 different CSR's could not answer my question, with the 4th person telling me that if I onyl wanted the Reds games I only needed to get the $12 a month Sports Package and not the Extra Innings package....this can't be true, can it?

One thing I learned early, when I was trying to get the satelitte installed (took two months from the day I ordered the service) and the Sunday Ticket..is that DirecTV customer service is awful.

Thanks In Advance!

Welcome..

What is your service zip code? This determines what you can and can't get. It is decided by the leagues not by Dish Network or DirecTV. And they are bound to abide by the rules.

unless the cincinatti area is your local regional sports network you will not be able to watch the reds by ordering the sports pack.You will have to order the mlb extra innings subscription . i am sure with you living in chicago that cincy is not your local sports network so you have to pay the 159 for mlb ei.sorry. If directv is using cincys feed for the game then you will be able to watch it on their channel obviously, but if the other team is carrying the game on directv Ei then you will not be able to flip over to cincy channel and watch it.It will be blacked out.

So to be clear it really does me no good to order the $12 a month Sport Pack...

When the Reds are the home team, I'll get the Reds broadcasters on EI

When the Reds are the away team, I will get the opponets broadcasters. I will not be able to switch over and see the games on FSN...even it is being carried on that channel?

Thanks

P.S. My zipcode is 60614

Correct, with a regular package sub, you will get your DMA's LiL and RSN channels. Getting the extra sports channels will get you extra channels, but not the for league games as they will be blacked out for the most part, even replays. Your answer to out of market games are the League Packages.

Your DMA gets this RSN:

Attachments

• CHIRSN.JPG
    CHIRSN.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 132
Just to clarify, it is not always necessarily the home team's network that provides the feed. In fact, it seems to be random to me. So home or away, sometimes you'll get the Cincy feed, and sometimes the other team's feed.

Also, the only other thing the Sports Pack will give you is the rest of the programming on Fox Sports Cincinnati, like pre-game and/or post game coverage, and any other local Reds programming (but no MLB games). So that may make it worth it for you. Then again, it is up to $12 a month.

well, congrats on being a reds fan, although you live in the windy city!!

here's what i've noticed.....if the reds and cubs are playing today at great america....more than likely you'll get fsn cincy feed. if you have the extra innings package, you can watch the feed on fsn cincy (or comcast chicago, if their feed is being shown). but you won't see it on a rsn channel, if that feed is being used. understand?

Here in Gallatin(37066) I am in the Braves/Reds market area, but I am an Indians fan so I will probably end up getting either MLB EI or MLB.tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)