extra remote

drknute3

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
I need to purchase an extra remote for my 625 DVR. It will be used in a separate room to control the DVR so I guess it needs to be the UHF type to control side 2 of the DVR?

I see they are fairly cheap on ebay. My question is how difficult is it to "configure" the remote so that it will control only that DVR and not the other ones in the house?

Thanks
Bill

are you trying to mirror the 2nd tv ???

Yes, both DVR's in the house are backfed hrough the coax system so that any TV in the house has DVR 1 on channel 22, and DVR 2 on channel 24. I want to control the second side of one of the DVR's from a different room using channel 24. Basically mirror the UHF remote I already have.

Yes, both DVR's in the house are backfed hrough the coax system so that any TV in the house has DVR 1 on channel 22, and DVR 2 on channel 24. I want to control the second side of one of the DVR's from a different room using channel 24. Basically mirror the UHF remote I already have.

you need to have both uhf remote on same remote address.

1. press menu menu and it will tell you what remote address is set for uhf tv2. write the remote address down
2. with new remote,,,,leave the sys info screen open.... press and hold the sat button till it blinks. than press number of the remote address the button # and button Rec. you need to do this 2 to 3 times simultaneous....

if you do this right the uhf icon will blink on the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)