Extra Transponder Space

jimboeau

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Western WI
My understanding is that most LIL HD channels are set up 4 channels per transponder. With the new encoders we can now do 6 channels per transponder. Are they planning to add extra national channels to make 6 channels or might they add CW and another local channel to get to 6 channels per transponder? It would be nice if they added CW and one other local channel.

My understanding is that most LIL HD channels are set up 4 channels per transponder. With the new encoders we can now do 6 channels per transponder. Are they planning to add extra national channels to make 6 channels or might they add CW and another local channel to get to 6 channels per transponder? It would be nice if they added CW and one other local channel.
Not every transponder is being fed by one of the new encoders. It may take some time for all the encoders to be replaced. When they are, I'd like the digital PBS station added. Matter of fact, if they aren't going to light up our OKC CBS affiliate soon, then just add PBS now.