Extremely satisfied new customer!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wrenchturner

Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
About a month ago I was researching sat tv in anticipation of my move from the city to the boonies. A member of Michigansportsman forums had made mention of this site and I spent hours researching. After digesting all the info avail on Direct and the available savings I made took the plunge.

I called the number for AAA and started the set-up. Got all the promos, 10x24 from AAA, referral discount, 2008 Q1 discount, free Showtime/year etc, HDDVR for living room and std receiver for daughters' room. Thanks to this site and the members here for all the info on the avail discounts!!!

Installer arrived within time frame looked at the house and the property and said, I want to mount your dish on a pole over here, is that a problem. Not at all. I have some old oaks to the south of the house and a large field just past them, he said he wanted to get me the best reception possible. He had it all mounted, trenched and covered, cables ran where needed and done in less than 3 hours. And the great part was no extra charges.

Reception and signal strength are ecellent. So many channels to choose from and the amount of HD channels blew away Charter cable that I used to have. So far I have had only one slight fade when a severe thunderstorm passed but that was only for less than a minute. So far I am extremely satisfied!

If only the hughesnet install went as well, but that is another story - at least I am back online again.

Again, thanks to this site and its members.

That sounds great!!! I was at the Home an Landscaping show here in Phoenix yesterday, I run into a Direct both. I told him I have Dishnetwork an was happy so far. He asked me what made me go with E last year. I told him free everything, no cost at all. I wanted Direct for awhile, but I needed 3 HDDVR's an a single tuner. D wanted almost $400 up front!! Way 2 much, so now D was offering me to 2 pay out my contract with D free Show an Stars for 4 months I belive, but did not tell me how much it would be for all my receivers!!! Love MLB and want EI!! Wife doesn't wanna switch, but D bundles with Qwest here in PHX. So hopefully I can get her to agree to bundle D TV with the phone an internet. Plus I am tired of waiting for new HD from E!!! D gets it right away!!! I want Speed HD an ESPN NEWS HD...... E still waiting!! An the wife wants the CW HD wich D offers here in PHX I think....OHHHH E doesnt!!! Sounds like a good case to make the switch... Everyone on the msg boards in the E form says.." Wait till May" come on now!!

Dish is not going to be able to do much without having another operational satellite. With there latest failed sat floating around right now looks like it is just going to be a wasted piece of metal in space. DTV had a successful launch and they should start adding more HD channels again sometime this summer. You might as well switch over to D*. ESPNEWS HD looks really good and no one can beat D* with the sports they offer in HD. I have the baseball package and there are around 80 games a week in HD that include both the home and away HD feeds when available.

After the locals switching is completed on the 61.5 sat , moving conus locals to spotbeams like New York , there will be plenty of room for about 16-24 more hd channels . They only need 3 transponders clear to do this. They just got 3 transponders from the now vacated SKy Angel sat service that was on 61.5. THey can do upto 7-8 hd channels on one transponder. They have announced that they will add 22 more hd national channels. So you do the math. IT looks just fine for more national hd channels between now and team summit in May.

After the locals switching is completed on the 61.5 sat , moving conus locals to spotbeams like New York , there will be plenty of room for about 16-24 more hd channels . They only need 3 transponders clear to do this. They just got 3 transponders from the now vacated SKy Angel sat service that was on 61.5. THey can do upto 7-8 hd channels on one transponder. They have announced that they will add 22 more hd national channels. So you do the math. IT looks just fine for more national hd channels between now and team summit in May.

In the mean time, those markets they did not announce for LIL HD will be SOL until the next bird comes online for them. Yes I am bitter, I bit on Dish in 2006 since the Jacksonville market was listed in the original 48. So much for that market. I even had the 61.5 dish mounted since it was needed for HD back in 2006.

They have capacity, but DirecTV has the edge right now and at least for the foreseeable future.

I just hope I did the right thing on our new house being built! I told the builder I will be using sat either D or E he told me all I need to do is but an outlet in everyroom an we will run them all out to the side if the house. Can anyone explain if I did this correctly?? I live in an apt till the end of june, then we move in. I have E an when they hooked me up since only having 1 outlet in the living room the had to drill into both bed rooms. I dont want any holes driled if I dont have 2 in the house... Thanks for everyones help!!

I just hope I did the right thing on our new house being built! I told the builder I will be using sat either D or E he told me all I need to do is but an outlet in everyroom an we will run them all out to the side if the house. Can anyone explain if I did this correctly?? I live in an apt till the end of june, then we move in. I have E an when they hooked me up since only having 1 outlet in the living room the had to drill into both bed rooms. I dont want any holes driled if I dont have 2 in the house... Thanks for everyones help!!

Make sure they run RG6 coax.

Oh they did I made sure it said it on the wire..Thanks for you help!! Now I need to convince the wife to make the switch to bundle with qwest out here in PHX

I hope E* doesn't push the envelope with 8 hd channels on one transponder. They are pushing it now with 6 and the picture quality is questionable at times already. Can't imagine what it would look like with even less bandwidth available for each channel.

MPeg 4 an allow more and more channels on the same transponder with little to no degragation of the picture quality. THis is why both companies have switched to it for hd . When they started they could only put 3 hd channels on one transponder and now it is up to 7. With each new generation of encoders they are able to squeeze more bandwith out of each transponders. They hope to eventually double the bandwith savings with mpeg 4 encoders.

WOW, just stated that I was happy with my install and service and it looks from the response that I am in the D vs E war zone threads.

I researched both companies and settled for D on the merits that D had to offer at the time. E may be a very good system in its own merit but that is not the point here. I chose and and well satisfied, not only quality, but also package, and service. No need for arguement here on whom is better.

WOW, just stated that I was happy with my install and service and it looks from the response that I am in the D vs E war zone threads.

I researched both companies and settled for D on the merits that D had to offer at the time. E may be a very good system in its own merit but that is not the point here. I chose and and well satisfied, not only quality, but also package, and service. No need for arguement here on whom is better.

:welcome to the site,

Glad everything is working out well for you.
Now take the time to watch the channels you do get, thats MY problem, on the computer more than watching TV :D

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)