How much to move the HD DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

deez04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
High Point, NC
Hey guys. I have had D* since October and absolutely love it. I need your help because I am wanting to move the HD DVR out of the bedroom and into the living room but I am unaware of how much this might cost? I am selling my DLP in the bedroom and just want to move the DVR to the LCD in the living room.

Now I know you have to run a separate line to the DVR and it should be relatively easy for an installer to do under my house---the setup was really easy when they first came out..........anyway, can someone please tell me how much I am looking at paying to get his moved? I do not think D* pays for this or am I wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. when does ESPNU HD Launch?

Hey guys. I have had D* since October and absolutely love it. I need your help because I am wanting to move the HD DVR out of the bedroom and into the living room but I am unaware of how much this might cost? I am selling my DLP in the bedroom and just want to move the DVR to the LCD in the living room.

Now I know you have to run a separate line to the DVR and it should be relatively easy for an installer to do under my house---the setup was really easy when they first came out..........anyway, can someone please tell me how much I am looking at paying to get his moved? I do not think D* pays for this or am I wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. when does ESPNU HD Launch?

This should be very easy to do, why not do it yourself?

To relocate a unit from one room to another room is $45.00 plus tax. That includes all needed cables and any other items that might be needed. We had a R15 moved from your kitchen to a bedroom witch requires two new cables run and a new spliter (4 X 8) so the two cables running to the kitchen were left in a useable condition. Total cost was around 49.00. Give D* a call and they can tell you what it will cost you.

To relocate a unit from one room to another room is $45.00 plus tax. That includes all needed cables and any other items that might be needed. We had a R15 moved from your kitchen to a bedroom witch requires two new cables run and a new spliter (4 X 8) so the two cables running to the kitchen were left in a useable condition. Total cost was around 49.00. Give D* a call and they can tell you what it will cost you.

thank you all for your replys. I will call them and see what they say. I would do it myself but just want to make sure things are done the correct way. $49 dollars is not bad though to have a professional do it. I was just wondering if others had done similar with their DVR's!

I move my DVR's all the time. March Madness requires 4 in the living room at one time to watch 4 games at once. I moved them to the basement and upstairs all the time. I would have never considered paying anything to have that done...unless there was no spot in the wall to do so. You can totally do this yourself if you have the cable (buy the cable anywhere) and the outlet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)