F/d mismatch between Geosatpro dish and Invacom lnbf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nhulst

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 20, 2007
I'm looking at upgrading to a 90 cm dish and I've pretty much settled on the Geosatpro. However, I noticed that the f/d of this dish is 0.5, while the ideal f/d for the common Invacom LNBFs is 0.6 for the SNH-031 (which I own) and 0.65 for the QPH-031 (which I might want to upgrade to someday.) Is this enough to be concerned about? Any stories of success or failure with this combination? I can't find any other LNBF that specifies an ideal f/d, so I'm not sure what I would switch to.

I also learned that when you try to search for "f/d" on satelliteguys, the search engine tells you this is too short a word :rolleyes:

Those differences in f/d won't matter. When manufacturing an LNBF, they shoot for an ideal f/d for the majority of dishes out there. If its off by .5 or 1, it really doesn't translate into an appreciable loss. The more important thing to pay attention to when selecting a dish for use with the QPH-031 is whether or not the feed supports on the dish will handle the considerable weight of that LNBF. It is best to choose a dish with a "tripod" style feed support, i.e., a feed support arm reinforced from both sides.

The Geosatpro does indeed have side braces that support the LNBF arm--that's actually one of the key reasons I chose it. This sounds pretty promising, I think I'll go ahead and buy it. Thanks for the feedback.

No problem. The Invacom Quad is a great LNBF! Glad you're getting a dish with side feed reinforcements. Let us know when you're setting everything up :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts