F#@king Lawyers

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
A huge local law firm is using my recently deceased mother in a commercial for nursing home neglect without my permission and certainly not hers as she was in no condition to consent to anything when she was hospitalized.
It has got me f**ked up. Shame on them and whoever in the hospital took the video.
Is this grounds for a lawsuit? Sure seems like it.

A huge local law firm is using my recently deceased mother in a commercial for nursing home neglect without my permission and certainly not hers as she was in no condition to consent to anything when she was hospitalized.
It has got me f**ked up. Shame on them and whoever in the hospital took the video.
Wow! That's kind of sick to take advantage of someone like that under those conditions. I hope you can get this resolved. :(

How many siblings do you have and who was managing her affairs?... money does things to people

How many siblings do you have and who was managing her affairs?... money does things to people
I am the only next of kin.
No one was paid that I know of.
Probably the people they use to put video together for them.
It freaks me out and is so sad to see her that way.

I am the only next of kin.
No one was paid that I know of.
Probably the people they use to put video together for them.
It freaks me out and is so sad to see her that way.
On one of the last times my mom had to go to the hospital from the nursing home I saw 'usage of likeness' forms slipped in with the admission forms that needed signed. Any chance you accidently signed something like that under stress and the hospital used that as 'permission' when the lawyers came sniffing around?

Unfortunately, you'll need to find a law firm willing to go up against another law firm to deal with this. The first step would probably be a demand letter on your behalf to take the commercial off the air.

Reactions: FTA4PA
On one of the last times my mom had to go to the hospital from the nursing home I saw 'usage of likeness' forms slipped in with the admission forms that needed signed. Any chance you accidently signed something like that under stress and the hospital used that as 'permission' when the lawyers came sniffing around?
It is possible. They put her in hospice care in the hospital so when I went in I did sign a lot of papers giving consent to medical stuff. or so I thought.

It is possible. They put her in hospice care in the hospital so when I went in I did sign a lot of papers giving consent to medical stuff. or so I thought.
Even if you did, I would think with the right lawyer, you could get it rescinded when signed under those conditions. I wish you the best in getting this resolved.

Reactions: TV Junkie
Honesty and decency are no characteristics of lawyers as it seems to be the case here.

I'm sure you could find a lawyer who can tell you if a lawsuit is possible here.

I’m sure that law firm figures it would cost you too much, with too little chance of significant return, for you to bother. Or they thought they had full permission. And might.

Showing emotional distress may not be easy.

Reactions: the mack
Called the law firm and they agreed to pull her from the commercial and the website and said they just buy images from some third party.
She was at a rehab facility when they got the pictures in 2018. They may have suckered her into signing something or it could of been a employee with some kind of side hustle.

Called the law firm and they agreed to pull her from the commercial and the website and said they just buy images from some third party.
She was at a rehab facility when they got the pictures in 2018. They may have suckered her into signing something or it could of been a employee with some kind of side hustle.
Excellent! Very happy this worked out for you. :)

Reactions: the mack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts