Facebook App for IOS

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
So over night Facebook updated their IOS app to feel more like IOS 7. One new feature is the toolbar at the bottom. My problem is mine doesn't look like what I've seen on Engadget.

This is what it should look like

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1379610093.335135.jpg

This is what mine looks like.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1379610131.269446.jpg

Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've tried removing Facebook app, restart phone, install Facebook app, restart phone, then install update. No luck. I like the bar at the bottom when they've had it there in the past. Wonder what's going on? Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That is strange. Is yours a 5?

Mine still looks like his too. I don't really care but I have checked the App Store and don't see any update available. I do have auto updates turned on so it should have updated without my knowledge.

Edit: I just killed the app store app and reopened it and found that facebook and a few other apps had updates available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Mine still looks like his too. I don't really care but I have checked the App Store and don't see any update available. I do have auto updates turned on so it should have updated without my knowledge.

Edit: I just killed the app store app and reopened it and found that facebook and a few other apps had updates available.

Good deal. I have had to do that as well. There will be no badge notifications, but when you open the app there may be a few pop up.

Good deal. I have had to do that as well. There will be no badge notifications, but when you open the app there may be a few pop up.

Well the thing is I had actually opened the app to check and there was nothing new there still.

For the OP... To kill apps double tap the home button then flick the preview of the app you want to close up to the top of the screen. In this case you would want to kill the app store app. After you do that you can open the app and it will load again. Once I did that the facebook update was available to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)