Facetime Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
My son has the latest generation iPod touch, and I have an iPhone. Whenever he calls me with Facetime, my phone rings I click on answer and then sometimes it takes 45 seconds to connect to him. Is this normal on how Facetime works? We are both on WIFI connections with 30 MB or higher connections...

Also when Facetime was introduced didn't Steve Jobs say it was going to be open source? How come nothing else supports Facetime yet?

The only person I facetime is my grandmother. iPad to iPad takes about 45 seconds to connect (after one of us accepts the call). Connecting from my Mac to her iPad is almost instantaneous.

Scott the call should connect in less than 5 secs. Try rebooting the iPhone and iPod and check to see you have the latest router software.

I'm on iPhone 4, iOS 5

I've only Facetimed with an iPad 2 across the table in a restaurant, and with an iPhone 4 (iOS 6?) in St Louis.
Its been a while, and I wasn't checking with a stopwatch, but I'd have to guess closer to 5 seconds and certainly not 45 seconds.
Now you've made me look! ;)

My wife does it via wifi on satellite inet(as you know that is what I have). I would say about 5-7 seconds for a connect. This is on the 15Mbit Modem, on the 2Meg modem about 10 seconds but still way faster than 45.

The biggest delay when I FaceTime is that my wife is usually in a book and needs to find a stopping point before she answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)