Faint horizontal line when in dual mode?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rgerst

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
Fairhope, AL
I have a 622 connected to my 30" Philips HDTV via component cables. My TV does not have any HDMI connection. I keep the 622 in dual mode and have TV2 connected to the RF output. I noticed that when TV2 is turned on, that I can see a 1" horizontal line on my HDTV. It is very faint and it slowly (30 minutes) rolls from top to bottom. I mainly see it when watching dark scenes. The line is about 2 shades lighter than the rest of the screen. If I turn off TV2 it goes away. I also see the line on TV2 in my bedroom. That rules out my HDTV as the problem. Can this be a bad 622 or should I maybe change the channels of my RF output?

That is interesting. How would I determine if this is the problem? I have the TV2 output connected to a 4-way splitter that feeds all of the other TV's in my house.

rgerst said:
That is interesting. How would I determine if this is the problem? I have the TV2 output connected to a 4-way splitter that feeds all of the other TV's in my house.

Also, ground the 4-way splitter to a grounded outlet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts