Fake directv callers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

txdirectv

Original poster
Nov 17, 2015
texas
I got a call earlier today from someone with a local number (210 762 6986) telling me that because i was a loyal customer they were going to give me STARZ free for 30 days and it would only be 9.99 or something after that. This guy knew my name and everything. I thought it was fishy so i told him no thanks and tried looking up the number, which returned no results. Then i called the number back and it says I'm sorry all our representatives are currently helping other customers. The wording and phrasing of the voicemail greeting seems off too. I was just wondering if this is yet another scam going around, or if it's legit. Either way I'm not interested, but if it's a scam i'm going to try and report it. Thanks in advance.

I got a call earlier today from someone with a local number (210 762 6986) telling me that because i was a loyal customer they were going to give me STARZ free for 30 days and it would only be 9.99 or something after that. This guy knew my name and everything. I thought it was fishy so i told him no thanks and tried looking up the number, which returned no results. Then i called the number back and it says I'm sorry all our representatives are currently helping other customers. The wording and phrasing of the voicemail greeting seems off too. I was just wondering if this is yet another scam going around, or if it's legit. Either way I'm not interested, but if it's a scam i'm going to try and report it. Thanks in advance.
Sounds real to me as they didn't ask for your SS or CC numbers.

Best bet is to contact dtv directly at 1800 531 5000 and ask

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

Ok i did call Directv and they said that that number is not and never has been associated with them. So either they don't like to admit they have affiliates that do this, or it is a scam, in which case I don't know how they got my name.

I would say it's real. If they got all your account info, and don't have to give them your credit card and SSN and basically say yes to the offer what do you got to loose?

Could be a 3rd party company stars hired to sign up new subs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)