Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
I have been researching the Family Pack mostly in regards to receiving stable local reception and having a reliable DVR. Of course, there is very little available information on this "secret" package. I have been able to see the channel list and about all besides locals that would interest me would be Bloomberg, Science and Weather Nation.
1. Would those channels be in HD as well as the locals if one had HD equipment?
2. Am I correct in finding that the Family Pack is regularly priced at $29.22/month ?
3. Is there both a $15/mo advanced receiver fee and a $15/mo HD fee? (who wants SD now?)
4. Would there be any free installation or equipment with the Family Pack?
5. If not, what would those costs be?

6. Is an internet connection required?
Any other ideas on this subject would be appreciated. I am considering other options although I do not believe that I have line of sight to the other major satellite provider. Thank you.

1. yes 2. not sure of the pricing 3. no, just the $15 per month advanced receiver charge which includes the hd fee, plus $6 for each box, and taxes 4. don't know 5. ask Directv! 6. no

The real problem is going to be getting an install for this package.... usually free install is for 4 rooms select and above. You might need to take select and then downsize after your active.

If you are an existing subscriber you may want to call the cancellation department and discuss options. If you are between leaving DirecTV or staying on a small package like Family or Select you may be able to get a better deal on Select that would give you much better channel choices than Family. Normal difference is $20 a month but perhaps they can do better if you have been with them a while. Family is definitely very limited in channel choices, as you saw.

No, I am not an existing subscriber. This is just the type of information I wanted as I trust the members here more than some random customer representative. It appears that I will postpone a decision on this for some time. The extra $6 per box on top of the $15 advanced receiver fee was not expected. I did anticipate some resistance to an install and equipment for this basic and unadvertised package. I do not care for deals where one must sign up for a certain level of service and then try to change to what was initially desired. Thanks to all!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)