Fan Runs Constantly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linus259

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
I recently upgraded to a Genie and I moved my HR-24-100 into my bedroom and I've noticed a whirring noise going 24-7. Is that the fan and is it supposed to running constantly? It's not loud enough to be a bother but it seems like it would burn out sooner if it runs all the time. I checked the temps and they are between 102 and 104. Any Ideas?

I recently upgraded to a Genie and I moved my HR-24-100 into my bedroom and I've noticed a whirring noise going 24-7. Is that the fan and is it supposed to running constantly? It's not loud enough to be a bother but it seems like it would burn out sooner if it runs all the time. I checked the temps and they are between 102 and 104. Any Ideas?

Your temps are great ...

Is it the fan or the Hard Drive your hearing ?
The HD runs constantly regardless, it has to run incase you decide to back up a program ...

It might be the hard drive, just seems a bit loud compared to my HR-44 which makes no noise.

I've got 3 HR24's that are quiet and 1 that is not as quiet.

It also makes a difference what type of environment the recvr is in, is it in a cabinet, open or closed.
The receiver is sitting out in the open on a hard flat surface. It doesn't sound like the fan is going bad, no rattling or squealing. It's just loud, almost as loud as my gaming computer and never goes off.

The receiver is sitting out in the open on a hard flat surface. It doesn't sound like the fan is going bad, no rattling or squealing. It's just loud, almost as loud as my gaming computer and never goes off.

I have used a soft rubbery type of kind of a spongy type thing and placed them under the feet.

Whats happening is the noise if vibration your hearing and it's going thru the feet into your hard surface from the sounds of it ... I barely hear mine anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.