FAQ for Motorola DSR 550, any takers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
We have gathered a lot of information in this forum about the DRS 550. I like to create an FAQ about the stb. We will do the same about the DVR but we don't have that yet. I am looking for Volunteers that can do a search through the forum and collect information, pictures, and even collect problems, and maintain the FAQ.

If you are interested in doing so, this project does not have to be done in one day but it could star slowly. PM me if anyone is interested.

One place to start is in the Read ME First thread. There are information there pertaining to the STB.

I could do the software side of it. May be someone else could take care of the hardware.

Edit: Ok, may be I will cover some hardware questions too. But I will have to keep it at the user level. Don't expect me to go into internal electronics design details :)

I'll try to do the first cut of the FAQ over the weekend, if that's ok with everyone.

Edit: Ok, here it is: FAQ: VOOM STB (Motorola DSR-550)
If you have any comments or suggestions about this FAQ, please post them in the following thread: FAQ for VOOM STB - comments and suggestions