Farm improvements waiting for Spring!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Got the 1.2M Prodelin working today in a fixed position. Too heavy for motor. Wish I could figure out how to get the pictures in the order I want them. The pics are the dish, the big removed xmitter, the new LNBF setup,(doesn't have to be fancy, just so it works), the "farm" for Winter, and what IS coming! Hope the weather people are wrong for what they say is coming. Cold working today.

DSC02244.jpgDSC02241.jpg
DSC02242.jpgDSC02243.jpgDSC02175.jpg

That slotted flat piece of metal on the bottom attached to the arm. Did you buy it like that or make it?

That slotted flat piece of metal on the bottom attached to the arm. Did you buy it like that or make it?
I made it in my shop today. It is just 1" wide aluminum about 1/8" thick stock. I elongated the holes to give additional adjustment in case I could not get enough focal length with the bracket. It sure is lighter than that transmitter unit that was there.

Yeah I have been looking something like that when I am experimenting with dishes.

On my first dish I had removed the old bracket and just bolted another one from a kit to it and then I decided to cut the old one in half and drilled holes for minor adjustment since the LNBF was a different shape which I then added to my second dish which has worked well and will add it to the first dish this next year.

Attachments

• img236.jpg
    img236.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 172
  • img237.jpg
    img237.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 165
Nice plumbing job there Sergei. What are you picking up with that setup in pic no 2?

The wife thinks I could do a better job of wiring in the basement because it sure doesn't look very nice right now, that's why I'm in the basement.
The dual KU LNBF is setup on 101W satellite for the Fox News audio and outputted to TV Channel 28 and the History channel outputted to TV Channel 26. The new single KU LNBF is setup now on 97W and outputted to channel 34. I have 8 Channel Plus 3025 that I use to redirect everything to a UHF channels in my system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)