Fast poll that needs your answer!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
please take part in the poll and fill in an answer! Thank you for your info! Have any comments on this issue, tell us your story below!

~THIS POLL HAS CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED! THE POLL RESULTS YOU SEE ARE INCORRECT, DUE TO THE SITE UPGRADE, HOWEVER THE QUESTION IS CORRECT! FINAL OFFICAL POLL RESULTS ARE AS FOLLOWS: SATELLITE TV=78%, CABLE TV=9%, OTA=13%. :yes

~looks like cable has a long way to go!

Yes, rather a tough question to give a simple answer. No doubt satellite has the most up there, but you can't count each provider separately since there is duplication. The real answer is probably satellite service with an OTA antenna, but that one wasn't an option. :(

argo said:
The real answer is probably satellite service with an OTA antenna, but that one wasn't an option.

Yes, that should have been a choice and it would likely be the selection that most people picked.

Available or subscribe? OTA has more free programming, Dish has 4 subscripion channels plus more if you want pay an additional 10 dollars per channel.

sorry.....I didn't think of the Satellite TV with OTA antenna option. I would change the poll if I could figure a way to, but it will only let me change the words in my message and not the poll wording. sorry, great idea!

~to answer Kevinw's "Available or subscribe?" question, I am looking for which service, free or not, has the most HD programing available in your area.
~~~~~~~Thanks again for voting and please continue to vote!~~~~~~~

Here in the LA area there are at least 10 broadcasters transmitting a digital signal at least part of each day. Of them only four transmit any HD content at any time througout their broadcast schedules. Satellite, even Dish Network, beats by far the amount of actual HD programming you can get free OTA even in a big market like LA.

The cable here only has 20 some channels including locals. They offer no digital service let alone HD. Even where there is digital service there is just a few HD channels available but no charge for the HD receiver and they plan on adding more HD in the future. At no cost to the consumer (just a simple swapout of the old digital receiver) that makes it cheap for the consumer, only having to pay for the HD content in which is less than what Dish Network wants.

Stargazer, what is your local cable company, in what state? I haven't herd of many area's anymore that only have 20 cable channels including the locals that are all analog. What does your local cable provider charge for those 20 channels and about how many subscribers do they have in your area?

~sorry for the big avitar picture, didn't realize it was that big until I looked at it the next day.

Locally we have 16 over the air broadcasters transmitting digitally so they have more digital broadcasts but how much is actually HDTV?

I took most to mean most that I want to watch, in which case BY FAR it is over-the-air.

This whole "count the channels thing" is meaningless. 99% of the folks out there watch about 10-20% of the channels on their Dish system - and I'll wager it is closer to 10%

I'd gladly pay 25% less for 50% less channels - assuming I got to pick which ones.

I selected Satellite in the poll because I live in Vermont where that's the ONLY option for TV reception! There's a reason Vermont has the highest percentage of satellite users in the nation...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts