fastest and best blind scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlariv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Looking for the best STB with the fastest blind scan possible... how long does a typical 25 TP satellite take to blind scan... would really like 10 second type of single satellite V + H scan times... but realize that may not be possible...

also want to avoid the STB from locking in on a TP frequency that is off by one and then the next blind scan finds the same channel because it locks on a TP that is only 1 away from the previous blind scan.

Suggestions ?

There;s plenty of discussion about that topic here. One of the quickest I've had is the Traxis 3500 , a rather simple receiver but seems to work well on scanning.
The times are hard to pin down, because it has to do with how many active transponders there is on a satellite, when you scan it. Feeds come and go, the next time you scan the same sat it may take less time, or more, depending on how many feeds there are, data transponders will cause some of them to hang or delay a few seconds also.
I hear the Mercury2 frm Fortec is also fast but have not owned one.

Here's a previous thread similar to yours: Fastest Blind Scan

After reading about the BLSA and hearing information about it from Photoman76, I decided to build one myself, I like it a lot, I can go to a satellite and see how "active" it is in about two seconds and I can use the estimated symbol rates from the BLSA to guess the common symbol rates so that I can watch the feeds.

thanks for the info...

still think someone should be able to post an average speed for B/S based on a fixed day and sat with some high number of Tp...

people just say fast and faster... what is faster...

Also - no comment on the double pickup when you do a second scan :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)