Favorite iPad APP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The latest update for the iPad APP again blocks JB iPads and xCon does not work. There is another work-around through iFile. I don't want to make it public so if you want to know then PM me.

Doesn't DirecTV realize they are fighting a losing battle? Each time their is a fix the fix occurs faster than the previous time. This is the first time the fix came out hours after the update

Use Maven for Tabbed Browsing - Has thumb controlls for browsing and remembers passwords.
Use splashtop to get round the Flash not supported on IPAD - played Dragons of Atlantis, but typing in the chat was a challenge - pop up keyboard sometimes hid the chat window and couldnt see what else was being typed, not all the time so not sure why.
Words with friends and Hanging with friends are my main Games

Here is Dream Theater's keyboardists, Jordan Rudess, playing a song on his iPad. I want to know which APP this is as I would love to have it.

BTW, he is an awesome keyboardist. Of course Dream Theater is one of the best bands around. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
QuickOffice Pro

This is 100x better than Pages. This is now the APP I primarily use when doing teacher observations, taking minutes, taking notes in meetings, displaying PDF, PowerPoint, and Excel Documents.

I have Quick Office Pro HD, and it is better than Documents to Go, but I rarely use it. If I want to view a word or excel or ppt file, I either use Dropbox, ReaddleDocs, or Devonthink to Go; and if I want to take notes at meetings, for me, nothing beats UPad. Hand writing and text, easily exportable, and very flexible.

I'd argue that iAnnotate PDF is a critical tool too; I love how I can highlight PDFs on the iPad and then export them back to dropbox.

I'll checkout UPad.

Dropbox and those others will not be very useful for me as my iPad is WiFi only and I do not have WiFi access at work, where I will primarily be using it. QuickOffice Pro does have a DropBox sync option on it.

My iPad is wi-fi only, but I have pretty much wi-fi wherever I work. But its moot with UPad as I only need wifi when I want to email/export/files. And when I know I have files on my dropbox that I need, but I know that I won't have wifi, I simply open them in ReaddleDocs, and they are then saved on the iPad to use later. I use ReaddleDocs far more than I use the default Dropbox app. But both have improved dramatically since iOS5, with better file viewers, particularly PDF. And when I open PDFs I often then switch the files to iAnnotate, so I can easily highlight.

Rock,

Thanks for sharing these.

I am currently trying out uPad. This is a cool little APP that I can use as scratch paper or graphing to help students when I visit classrooms. I do not see myself taking notes using drawing mode as my writing is atrocious. I will stick to typing on QuickOffice for notes and minutes.

Do you know the difference between the lite version and the regular version of uPad? ETA: I found the answer. The free lite version only allows 5 saved documents in the APP at one time.

I don't think I will need ReaddleDocs as most of these APPs have the same file sharing and organization features built into them. Is there something ReaddleDocs does that QuickOffice cannot?

ETA2: Just used UPad in some of the classrooms I just got through observing. When I was helping students out I was able to write out problems, add diagrams, and demonstrates steps on the pad instead of wasting paper. You would not believe how many students suddenly wanted help just so they could use the APP on my iPad. :p It may just be a novelty. If it was able to engage them and they learned something in the process, that is fine with me.

Last edited:
Rock,

Thanks for sharing these.

I am currently trying out uPad. This is a cool little APP that I can use as scratch paper or graphing to help students when I visit classrooms. I do not see myself taking notes using drawing mode as my writing is atrocious. I will stick to typing on QuickOffice for notes and minutes.

Do you know the difference between the lite version and the regular version of uPad? ETA: I found the answer. The free lite version only allows 5 saved documents in the APP at one time.

I don't think I will need ReaddleDocs as most of these APPs have the same file sharing and organization features built into them. Is there something ReaddleDocs does that QuickOffice cannot?

ETA2: Just used UPad in some of the classrooms I just got through observing. When I was helping students out I was able to write out problems, add diagrams, and demonstrates steps on the pad instead of wasting paper. You would not believe how many students suddenly wanted help just so they could use the APP on my iPad. :p It may just be a novelty. If it was able to engage them and they learned something in the process, that is fine with me.

You can save UPad writings as PDF which is very nice

AND for hand-writing, you have to try the magnifier, that's what makes it so powerful -- that and a stylus, and I produce handwritten stuff that is 10X more legible than what I write on paper.

That's awesome about the students. Partially a novelty, but I think only partially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts