Favorite iPad APP

I'll do a screen capture of me streaming my TV through Vulkano when I get home.

BTW, Vulkano software and APP does support 3G, but ATT does not. I have been able to get around it by using my phone as my modem and tethering it to my iPad. The software was fooled to thinking it was WiFi

Don, what did you end up going with in the end for a remote desktop app? I've started using Splashtop but it appears to just be for when you are on the same network as the computer you are remoting to. This why it's $5 and Logmein is $30?

Recently picked up an iPad 2, enjoying it. Have my sights set on a Moto Bionic, but with it releasing close to when iPhone 5 info should be leaking/releasing, might as well wait and see what it has to offer.

I like Logmein. The Price of the app didn't bother me as I came from Gotomypc service which was much higher price. All my windows versions are HOME so I have no free VPN or remote desktop equivalents. The key is speed of your connections at both ends. Now with LTE I have the remote speed adequate so it seems as fast as I need.

Really frustrated that I had some apps disappear and I can't explain why. When it syncs and removes stuff, it really should tell you. This is symptomatic of many things Apple created. Very slick and very shiny, until you need more information. This is similar to my frustrations with Mail app and the wireless networking UI on my MBP.

Friend at work thinks my Macbook was syncing even though i was telling it not to. Another glorious peice of UI.. I never want my mac to sync the ipad... so you click the 'dont ask this again' checkbox... well that only sticks if you actually let it sync, not if you hit cancel. Had to go into itunes and tell it to stop trying to do that.

Now I've got 5gb of comics to reupload because at some point it decided it didn't want Comic Zeal installed anymore, along with The Daily and the BBC App.

Last edited:
meStevo said:
Really frustrated that I had some apps disappear and I can't explain why. When it syncs and removes stuff, it really should tell you. This is symptomatic of many things Apple created. Very slick and very shiny, until you need more information. This is similar to my frustrations with Mail app and the wireless networking UI on my MBP.

Friend at work thinks my Macbook was syncing even though i was telling it not to. Another glorious peice of UI.. I never want my mac to sync the ipad... so you click the 'dont ask this again' checkbox... well that only sticks if you actually let it sync, not if you hit cancel. Had to go into itunes and tell it to stop trying to do that.

Now I've got 5gb of comics to reupload because at some point it decided it didn't want Comic Zeal installed anymore, along with The Daily and the BBC App.

I feel you pain. I remember my first iTunes sync issue, when I got a new pc, and the first time I synced my ipod to it, it deleted my entire music library. Certainly did not feel magical, :)

BTW, I just downloaded The Daily . Dang, I like that format. Great news implementation.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

If you are using the Vukano APP with a Hava Box, do not update the APP. The latest update makes Vulkano no longer compatible with Hava

What do people use for google voice? I would like to be able to send texts using it.

And there apparently isn't a Skype app?

And there apparently isn't a Skype app?
You should be able to use the iPod Touch/iPhone Skype app, but since I don't have the iPad 2, I can't verify that. It's free, so you can try it out without financial risk.

If you do load Skype, I'm foxbat46614. I used to run Skype in the background until I found that Skype is in constant contact with other Skype nodes and sucks down 3G data and battery. Now I launch it when I need it and shut it down otherwise.

Its not a favorite, since I just downloaded it, but there is a functional version of BASIC available for the ipad, complete with terminal and editor. It was $1.99, but worth it. I dutifully entered my first command

print "Hello World"

:D

Nostalgic trip down memory lane, but would be fun to re-learn it. It has been years, decades really. :)

On the phone it looks good, but the PQ does need to be improved for the higher Rez iPad

On the phone it looks good, but the PQ does need to be improved for the higher Rez iPad

I uninstalled it. Didn't see myself using it.

Just found a great browser -- Terra Firm. Tabbed browsing, extremely responsive, and very fast loading Face Book pages. Much more so than either SkyFire or Safari.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)