Favorite iPad APP

Just installed it. You are correct about the radar. The close up to see how close rain is up to the next block is great.
Is there a way to adjust the speed of the loop? It moves way to fast...
No, not that I know of. Even watching the looping radar from the NWS that you can slow down is not actually current to the minute. I have an independent digital over the air receiver and monitor for actual live radar.

Does anyone know about a MLB app that is basically a database of every MLB Statistic from every game ever played? I thought that would be a great thing for my son.

I heard about it on one of the TWiT podcasts.

Anyone here try Sky Walk? I have fired it up several times and have never had a chance to really dig down into its several modes / features. If you're into astronomy (I'm only casually interested) it's a must have. Even as a novice I find it fascinating. Launch the program, give the 'Pad a few seconds to sync (find its orientation), then hold it up to the nighttime sky to view an annotated celestial map of what you're seeing. Move it around including elevation changes and the map moves with you.

Otherwise I am presently constrained to the mundane...!

Anyone here try Sky Walk? I have fired it up several times and have never had a chance to really dig down into its several modes / features. If you're into astronomy (I'm only casually interested) it's a must have. Even as a novice I find it fascinating. Launch the program, give the 'Pad a few seconds to sync (find its orientation), then hold it up to the nighttime sky to view an annotated celestial map of what you're seeing. Move it around including elevation changes and the map moves with you.

Thanks for mentioning this app. I'm looking forward to a clear night so I can use it with my telescope.

My daughter has the scope and is also fascinated by Sky Walk, has also used the 2 together. We'll be interested in your comments...

DodgerKing said:
I have the mouse arrow icon permanently displayed in the lower left corner on my iPad. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I have already done a hard shutdown.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I need that Rush wallpaper. Any chance you can share? :)

Flipboard has got to be one of my favorites. An attractive, innovative, enjoyable way to read FB, twitter, google reader, and a bunch more. Love it.

I was playing with this last night on an ipad 2 that was hooked up to a HDTV via HDMI. And it was COOL, the HDTV displayed what you were pointing the camera at and on the ipad it gave you all kinds of facts and information.

Great! I'm hoping that eventually I'll be able to do that with my original 'Pad by whatever means...

Scott - Does you post mean that you got a "2" ?? Would that make you the first amongst this group who has upgraded? It would be great to get the real skinny from someone who has a good deal of experience with the original model as to their perception of the "2"...(hint!)...

rockymtnhigh said:
I did not realize it just game from google images. :) Thanks. That was one of my favorite concerts, and will now be my wallpaper. :)

By far the best Rush concert I have been to in over 20 years

Dropbox in combo with Docs to Go Premium - gives me access to ALL of my files. Not exciting, but extremely valuable.

DodgerKing said:
How does that compare to "GoToMyPC"?

I am assuming gotomypc is a vnc client. This just let's me access all of my files (which exist on each of my machines and in the cloud) on my iPad. I can open any file, edit it, and save it back to dropbox. It is very smooth, and eliminates any need to try to figure out the arcane file structure of the iPad. :)

Plus if I use the dropbox viewer by itself, I can view almost everything. Both apps work great, and are very very useful.

Can you use GoToMyPC on an ipad? I use Logmein app which is free and works great. If I need a file while away that I have on my PC at home, I just use Logmein and work the file. Whats cool is for anything I need to do on the ipad using windows OS, I just access the Logmein and go to work on it. It's a bit slow and inefficient, but I've even made edit chages in Sony Vegas on my ipad.

Drop box is interesting for people who don't have a web server but I do and have ample storage with Host Rocket. I use it to upload images, one 640x480 jpg every 5 seconds from my security cameras.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)