Favorite lesser known old school games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Here's something off the beaten path. What are some of your favorite old school games that aren't what you would see on a typical "Top 10 List of Atari/Nes/SNES/Sega/etc Games of all time?" For example, games like Metroid, Super Mario Bros, Zelda, etc wouldn't be eligible since EVERYONE knows those games are great even if they haven't played them. What are some of the lesser known games you knew and loved? I'd like to keep these to games from the PS1 and beforehand, but if you know any more recent ones that's fine.

Goonies 2
RC Pro-Am
ExciteBike
lemme go check the pile of NES games I still have......I know Mike Tyson's Punch Out (with mike) cant be included on the list...even though I have it

Like I said, it's anything from the PS1 and beforehand, so even if your favorite game is on the Vic 20 or the ColecoVision, that's fine. Don't limit yourself to those that I listed. Those were just examples.

Going back, Rogue was one of the first games that really got me into PC gaming. Does anyone remember this classic? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_(video_game)

I also had a lot of fun with Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards when it came out in the mid-80s for the PC.

Finally, there was an Atari 2600 that really kicked-ass but never did receive Top 10 accolades. Many a beers were consumed playing this game...just can't remember the darn name.

Going back, Rogue was one of the first games that really got me into PC gaming. Does anyone remember this classic? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_(video_game)

I played a lot of rogue and follow on larn on an HP-UX system back in the early '80s.
A friend and I ported the original Colossal Cave text Adventure! from the DEC FORTRAN to the HP-3000 back in 1978 or so. We were popular in the HP labs for a bit afterward :)

dantheman77 said:
WAS it called " The Three Vikings" or "The Lost Vikings" hope they do it as a PS3

Lost Vikings. Classic game

Sent from my Nexus One using SatelliteGuys super rad app.