FAVORITE RECEIVER

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
What is your favorite receivers that you would purchase if you were starting out and money was not a problem? I do not recall seeing this and it is always interesting to review the different receivers of the posters.

I want this one (but can't afford it right now)... I saw a demonstration of one recently and the features and picture quality blew away every other receiver I've seen. The nearly four hundred dollar price tag is a bit steep though, at least for a tightwad like me.

money not an issue?

in that case its easy ...Quali-TV AND a Pansat 9200

9200 for blind scan & DVB-S2 (with adapter) and the Q for 4:2:2 feeds

cost for both....around 1000-1100 bucks :D

my favorite receivers

- fortec mercury II
blind scan is great, downside, its plain jain, not supported by channel master, and only 4:2:0 SD

- dreambox 800
blindscan doesnt work right, web interface, pvr, mpeg4 dvb-s2 HD !

- skywalker-1
no blindscan, but man is it nice to have a usb tuner supported by tsreader.

Tried about 10 different receivers and settled on the Satpros Dsr500s.
Stunning video and great audio. Worst I have tried is the new Sonset DTH6500 am radio audio and poor pal to ntsc conversion. Although it has
the fastest blindscan Ive seen, but slow channel scan.

Several HD channels come & go on G17, a couple on G14 and feeds just about anywhere else: AMC1, G28, and a few others. 10 ft dish.:)

Nope, just the 9200... it gets the 4:2:0 HD feeds. Not sure about 8psk -I think the add-in module is for DVB s-2 ....different than 4:2:2 HD that I think, only a Quali-TV receiver, or a PC card for the computer will get. Iceberg is pretty knowledgable about all that stuff, (he has a Quali) ...maybe he'll chime in.:)

Nope, just the 9200... it gets the 4:2:0 HD feeds. Not sure about 8psk -I think the add-in module is for DVB s-2 ....different than 4:2:2 HD that I think, only a Quali-TV receiver, or a PC card for the computer will get. Iceberg is pretty knowledgable about all that stuff, (he has a Quali) ...maybe he'll chime in.:)
ok. dont have c-band, as it is restricted where I live in Calif. have winegard76cm
pansat3500sd and sonicview360. will probably purchase a 9200. you were speaking of Galaxy17, kuband right?
thnks for your answers.

I think you are talking about the DVB-S2 adapter which is good for the Equity channels on G28 C-Band

not much KU DVB-S2 out there

4:2:2 is different than DVB-S2....they send the signal differently so on almost all receivers you get a green screen or no picture when viewing a 4:2:2 feed. Quali-TV or PC card is the only way to views those and most are in SD....very few 4:2:2 HD feeds out there

...will probably purchase a 9200. you were speaking of Galaxy17, kuband right?
thnks for your answers.
All those I posted are C-band...the only full-time HD on Ku is PBS. There are some feeds in HD that come & go on Ku too, though, like on H2 at 74w and AMC6 at 72w:)

I think you are talking about the DVB-S2 adapter which is good for the Equity channels on G28 C-Band

not much KU DVB-S2 out there

4:2:2 is different than DVB-S2....they send the signal differently so on almost all receivers you get a green screen or no picture when viewing a 4:2:2 feed. Quali-TV or PC card is the only way to views those and most are in SD....very few 4:2:2 HD feeds out there
Thanks, Ice... the whole 4:2:2/ dvb-s2 thing had me confused!:)

The replies are very interesting as well as educational for me. Probably most would love to have the top of the line, but this will take time--at least for me. With me just starting out I have some distance to cover before my thoughts can be brought to light. It does not hurt to wish.

Tried about 10 different receivers and settled on the Satpros Dsr500s.
Stunning video and great audio. Worst I have tried is the new Sonset DTH6500 am radio audio and poor pal to ntsc conversion. Although it has
the fastest blindscan Ive seen, but slow channel scan.

I agree, great audio and video. Satpros would make a great receiver on a stationary dish, but support for a motor is terrible. No blind scan also makes it bad for feed hunting. The signal meter is one of the worst I've seen, it is almost useless for aiming a dish...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts