Favorite teams

Teams I've always loved and actually have gotten severely depressed over when they lost:

2. Pittsburgh Pirates (Roberto Clemente was my childhood sports hero)

STILL my idol and the best player to EVER come out of Latin America. I played with both of his sons when I lived in Puerto Rico in the early 80s. For my 30th birthday, many moons ago, one of my best friends was related in some way with the beat photographer for the Pirates in the 60's and the 70s....and they gave me a one of a kind, 14 x 11 pic in a beautiful mahogny frame of Roberto Clemente in a game against the NY Mets in 1970.

You are bring back many wonderful memories.....thank you!:up:D

All my favorites share equal portions of my heart.

Raiders (Just win Baby!...Maybe next year?)

White Sox ('05 WS was one of the best moments of my life)

Indiana University (Maybe Tom Crean can get the basketball program back to respectability)

Golden State Warriors (Started following them during the Run T-M-C days, dealt with the Webber/Sprewell fiasco's and we finally have a decent team again).

Milwaukee Brewers (Yount and Moliter were some of the greatest players ever, and these new kids are looking really good).

Other teams I support: Colts, Bears, Bulls, and Vancouver Canucks.

STILL my idol and the best player to EVER come out of Latin America. I played with both of his sons when I lived in Puerto Rico in the early 80s. For my 30th birthday, many moons ago, one of my best friends was related in some way with the beat photographer for the Pirates in the 60's and the 70s....and they gave me a one of a kind, 14 x 11 pic in a beautiful mahogny frame of Roberto Clemente in a game against the NY Mets in 1970.

I still admire the guy too Salsa. What a treat to have played ball with his sons!

Did you by any chance see the American Experience episode about him a few weeks ago? It was really well done - brought back a lot of memories, and brought out the tears as well. Living in Louisiana, I got to go see him play a couple of times in Atlanta and Houston. He was something else to see in person. One vivid memory I have of him was watching him warm-up before a game in the Astrodome. He was basket catching fly balls in right and would throw them back to home plate underhanded!

He was something else. :)

I still admire the guy too Salsa. What a treat to have played ball with his sons!

Did you by any chance see the American Experience episode about him a few weeks ago? It was really well done - brought back a lot of memories, and brought out the tears as well. Living in Louisiana, I got to go see him play a couple of times in Atlanta and Houston. He was something else to see in person. One vivid memory I have of him was watching him warm-up before a game in the Astrodome. He was basket catching fly balls in right and would throw them back to home plate underhanded!

He was something else. :)

Yes I did!! And it was awesome! I was SO WISHING I had a HD DVR because that would have been a great piece to keep. When you get a chance, check out www.ebbetts.com, my wife got my for Christmas last year....a 1954 EXACT replica of tha Santurce Cangrejero(Crabbers) #21 Roberto Clemente jersey....all I can say is WOW!!

Oh yeah, matching hat too!:D That was about 2 years before he came up to the Pirates. The outfield on that Santurce Crabber team went as follows from left to right: Monte Irvin, Willie Mays and Roberto Clemente.....

Not a bad outfield if I do say so myself....LOL;)

Attachments

• can54h.jpg
    can54h.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 116
Cincinnati Bengals--by a mile; I can only serve one master
Cincinnati Reds--slipping more every day
Kentucky Wildcats football
Columbus Blue Jackets
USC Trojans football
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
Pittsburgh Penguins
North Carolina Tar Heels basketball
Seattle Mariners
West Ham United Football Club
Xavier Musketeers basketball
Dallas Cowboys
New York Mets
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers

These lists should be interesting and a good thing to reference from time to time as it seems I can no longer assume a poster's fandum is based on their locality. What ever happened to rooting for the home team?!.....

Anyways, here's my list...

1. Cleveland Browns
2. Cleveland Indians
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Ohio State Buckeyes- Football
5. Ohio State Buckeyes- Basketball
6. Kent State University Golden Flashes (MAC)- Basketball
I would have never thunk that. Can you guess my favorite team?

From my days in California, Virginia, Arizona and now New Mexico, these are my teams pretty much in order:

1a) Anaheim Angels
b) LA Dodgers
c) LA Lakers
d) UCLA Bruins
e) Pittsburgh Steelers
f) LA Kings
g) Cactus High School Cobras - where I went
h) Mission Viejo High School Diablos - where I wish I went
i) UVA Basketball
j) UNC Basketball
k) Duke Basketball
l) Arizona State Sports
m) LA Avengers
n) LA Galaxy
o) LA Riptide
p) Rio Rancho Wildcats (Arena Football) - they play just across the street
q) Albuquerque Isotopes - (AAA Baseball) - I'm sorry I witnessed last night's game in person
r) Backhauls of almost any sport/news event - w/college football and basketball my favorite

Teams I hate:
Bumcats of Tucson and USC in LA.

:):DHAS TO BE THE CITY I WAS BORN AND LIVED FOR THIRTEEN YEARS!

1-PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
2-PHILLIES
3-FLYERS
4-SIXERS
5-PENN STATE FOOTBALL
6-TEMPLE OWLS BOTH MEN AND WOMEN
7-SOUL AFL
8-NASCAR JOE GIBBS TEAM 20 STEWART, 18 BUSH AND 11 HAMLIN

:eurekaCITY OF BROTHERLY LOVE!

1. The DALLAS COWBOYS

2. The Dallas Cowboys

3. The Dallas Cowboys

4. Did I mention Dallas?

5. Boston Celtics.

The curse of Len Bias is OVER!!!!!!

turn up the heat and smash the thermostats boys!!

BEAT LA !!!

BEAT LA!!

BEAT LA!!

6. Boston Red SOX (yankees suck!)

1. Washington Capitals
2. Buffalo Bills
3. Washington [racist name]
4. West Virginia Football
5. West Virginia basketball

Cincinnati Reds
Washington Redskins
Cincinnati Bengals
Los Angeles Lakers
Pittsburgh Penguins

1 Chicago Bears
2 Chicago White Sox
3 Chicago Bulls
4 Cleveland Browns (Family connection)
5 Chicago Rush
6 Any team playing the Packers

1. Cincinnati Reds
2. Indianapolis Colts
3. Indiana Hoosiers (Basketball)
4. Indiana Pacers (I know, they have more issues now than Sports Illustrated, but back when Reggie Miller was here, they were great fun to watch!)
5. Anybody playing the Patriots...

Yes, I'm a homer and proud of it!!!...;)

Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh Pirates

Pitt Panthers -Football and Basketball

Any team that Shaq plays for:D

I was too young to remember Clemente:(...So my first sports idol was Willie Stargell. But Clemente's statue at PNC is so huge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)