favorite tv shows on FTA satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
lets see...favorite TV shows on FTA as of today

-Red Green Show (on Montana PBS)....sure they're reruns but they're still funny
-Doc Scott (97W University Network)...crazy old preacher. Cures insomnia
-Arnold Murray of Shepherd's Chapel (G16 C-Band TP16 ANALOG)...another crazy old church guy. He is another insomnia type guy.
-some of the news channels on 97W...but I guess that isnt really a TV show
-NWA Anarchy wrestling. Was on G10 a long time ago then left then came back when AMGTV was on some of the station. Now on @Sports which is on a few of those stations that stayed up and moved to C-Band

The rest are pretty much feeds. Love the syndicated shows on analog still. And gotta watch "My name is Earl" on C-Band each day :) The rest would be sports

Ice,

I know that Red Green is just one of your mentioned shows, but it is one that I neglected to mention and it is one of my favorites! Although, I don't consider it to be in the older archives yet. Red Green is fairly new compared to the others I mentioned.

I could honestly watch Red Green over and over again! His style of humor just suits me fine. It is clean and quite witty! And sometimes so off the wall, like poking fun at true reality!

It is probably one of the best new(er) shows around. When it comes to comedy, there isn't much clean stuff to be watched. The absolute best would be Bill Cosby, but I don't know if I like his TV series as much. He is better at his concerts than at a series on TV, except for the Fat Albert cartoons, that was awesome!

I like clean, honest and exceptional humor. Something that you can tell that the purveyor actually put some thought into or lived it themselves. You know, something that reflects real life so well, but just has to be funny! :) Like duct tape and "Why Is There Air?" or "I Started Out as a Child".

Pastor Scott... Well, If I listen to his sermons for more than 7 minutes, just long enough to get involved in them, then I can find myself drifting into his show and his thinking. But, I usually try to avoid that. He is quite dry. He is kinda like the summer fan in my bedroom window. If I listen to it all summer when I am drifting off to sleep, when it comes winter and I turn the fan off, then I won't be able to go to sleep!

RADAR

Last edited:
Currently, I have been enjoying on FTA:

Banacek
Quincy
Adam12
Emergency
Alfred Hitchcock Hour
Night Gallery
Battlestar Galactica
Leave it to Beaver
Rifleman
Daniel Boone
Black Sheep Squadron

I miss:
Perry Mason
Get Smart
Lucy Show

RTV-Adam 12, Dragnet, Daniel Boone, Emergency! The Incredible Hulk
Gospel Music TV-Various videos, Gaither, Texas Country Gospel
ONN-WBNS-10 Columbus,WKRC 12 Cincinnati Newscasts (Being in the Cleveland market, the only way i'd see them)
White Springs-Three Stooges Cartoons and other Oldie Cartoons(I'd like to see them add more regular episode series)

Remember I am pulling for ya and if the women don't find you attractive at least they will find you handy.

Favorite shows...hmmm...well I'm big on sports so that's MOSTLY what I'm watching. Most of the shows I watch are on the Big 5 + PBS...hence why I have a fixed dish on AMC 21 :) So I dig History Detectives, This Old House, Nova and I enjoy the special documentaries they have. Do the CBS/NBC national feeds counts as FTA?

-Doc Scott (97W University Network)...crazy old preacher. Cures insomnia
-Arnold Murray of Shepherd's Chapel (G16 C-Band TP16 ANALOG)...another crazy old church guy. He is another insomnia type guy.
-some of the news channels on 97W...but I guess that isnt really a TV show
-NWA Anarchy wrestling. Was on G10 a long time ago then left then came back when AMGTV was on some of the station. Now on @Sports which is on a few of those stations that stayed up and moved to C-Band

The rest are pretty much feeds. Love the syndicated shows on analog still. And gotta watch "My name is Earl" on C-Band each day :) The rest would be sports

OMG! I remember a long time ago when we had one of those big dishes, we got this nut called Dr. Gene Scott. He was always flipping around between reading bible stuff and lounging around in a courtyard drinking martinis while young ladies in bikinis would dance around as he admired them. There was usually "art work" on easels and I *think* he was auctioning them off. He usually was smoking a cigar as well.

That was one very, very strange cat. :eek:

Now I think he was died (no doubt from the alcohol and tobacco) and was replaced by a younger woman that shares the same last name as his.
I don't know if she was his daughter or one of his wives. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.