LNB Type

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Apprentice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Wichita Kansas
Anyone happen to know what kind of LNB this might be? It is just something they want me to take down and get rid of for them. but I have no idea what it might be good for. Probably not good for anything I want to do on FTA

Attachments

• SANY0057.jpg
    SANY0057.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 269
  • SANY0058.jpg
    SANY0058.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 284
  • SANY0059.jpg
    SANY0059.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 295
OK...what you have there is a DirecPC/Direcway dish

The LNB will work fine for KU Band...the transmitter is useless. Thats the thing underneath the arm. The LNB is **usually** both polarities but may only be one. You'd have to look

The 2nd pic shows the back of the dish with the elevation screw which is easier to slightly change elevation than a normal dish. My Primestar dishes have that same thing

Oh did I mention Keep it? ;)

Ok that I will do. I am going to take the disk and all down this week. Just thought you all might know what it is. Once I get it down I will look it up via the model numbers ect.

oh ok that makes it clear now. I know that it was used to lottery transactions but just assumed that it was a one way system. So now I need a decent dish and I can maybe have a system up and running soon :eek: cool.

The LNB is the little 2x2x4 inch box on the top with the coax going to it.
Probably single polarity.
If so, you'd need to take apart the feed assembly and fit another LNB to the existing feedhorn.

Get some close up pictures and the guys can walk you through what to disassemble.
Oh, and the width 'n height of the dish.

Beauty!

Attachments

• SANY0057mod02.JPG
    SANY0057mod02.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Hey, I have one of those! :D

Take all of it :up

That dish beats the pants out of anything you'd pay for a new metal dish. :)

Looking at the pictures I see a Channel Master 75e with the
1. Transmit feedhorn
2. single polarity, high stablity LNB on a rotatable microwave T-pipe
3. Transmit BUC under the arm

and my favorite adjustable 2 3/8" mount. :D

Pair it up with a good receiver and you got yourself a reliable system.

Ok finally took the dish down today :) It is a Channel Master 3041221 dish middle mount and has a fine adjustment for elevation. Seems to be a nice dish. Saw the tread about putting a motor on this part number. That is why i mentioned it is mounted in the middle not the lower part.

Has a Gilat LN139100 LNB on it. did some google searches but have not found much on this yet. I will try to post some pics now that it is down tomorrow. Any one have any ideas on the specs for this LNB or where to find them?

Chuck

PS. It was RG-11 cable not able to save it as I could not get in touch with anyone to let me into the building :(

Ok finally took the dish down today :) It is a Channel Master 3041221 dish middle mount and has a fine adjustment for elevation. Seems to be a nice dish. Saw the tread about putting a motor on this part number. That is why i mentioned it is mounted in the middle not the lower part.

Has a Gilat LN139100 LNB on it. did some google searches but have not found much on this yet. I will try to post some pics now that it is down tomorrow. Any one have any ideas on the specs for this LNB or where to find them?

Chuck

PS. It was RG-11 cable not able to save it as I could not get in touch with anyone to let me into the building :(
My Gilat said it had a Noise figure of 0.6dB
L.O. was 10750
It had a stability figure as well, but I think it was +/- 500 kHZ

BTW watch this guy's store. From time to time he has dual-polarity, dual-output LNB's attached to a 75e feedhorn. They are Eagle Aspen model 270.
I bought 2 from him for $19 each.
eBay Seller: dave mcgraw: Electronics items on eBay.com

Otherwise you have to buy from impaktproducts.com if you can't or won't get them from eBay
https://www.impaktproducts.com/FTA-International-LNBs-p-1-c-274.html

Eagle Aspen 270 Ku Band Dual Output Linear LNBF
The Eagle Aspen 270 KU dual output LNBF is a twin-switched LNB. Each port is capable of voltage switching (13 Vdc = Vertical Polarization & 18 Vdc = Horizontal Polarization). The advantage of this type of LNB is that you will no longer need a multi-switch for two receiver installations. With this LNB, you simply run a coaxial cable from the LNB directly to the receiver(s). Considered a linear polarity LNBF and is commonly used in FTA/Ku Band or International satellite installations. Replacement lnbf for Andrew, Channel Master, Primestar and Globecast E70, E75 and E84 series antennas.Replaces a single output LNBF. ($27.50)

Channel Master LNBF Dual Polarity
This Dual Polarity LNBF connects directly to the all Andrew, Channel Master, Primestar or Globecast Satellite Dish Antennas. Automatically combines H/V Polarity into (1) one cable.
The Channel Master single output LNBF is also know as a twin-switched LNB. That means the port is capable of voltage switching (13 Vdc = Vertical Polarization & 18 Vdc = Horizontal Polarization). The advantage of this type of LNB is that you will no longer need a combiner or a/b switch to combine H/V polarities. With this LNB, you simply run a coaxial cable from the LNB directly to the receiver. Considered a linear polarity LNBF and is commonly used in FTA/Ku Band or International satellite installations. Replacement lnbf for Andrew or Channel Master E70, E75 and E84 series antennas. Can also replace Globalcast World TV Standard Dual Output LNBF: Replaces your single output LNBF. (refurbished) ($19.95)

Ok thanks much for the link. He was not showing any on ebay so looked at the store link you gave. What is the basic difference with the two they have listed above? My eventual plan is to have several TV's working off the system so is one better than the other for that type of setup?

Chuck

Of the two LNBs you listed, the second has a single output.
That's fine for one receiver, but it's a dead end for more receivers.

The Eagle Aspen LNB you listed first, has two outputs.
They can feed two receivers and you're done.
For more receivers, you feed a 2x4 (or 4x8) multiswitch with the two coaxes, then the multiswitch can feed 4 (or 8) receivers.

That helps. I figured I would buy a power multiswitch but was not sure if the Aspen was still needed or not in that particular setup. Price difference is not enough to really matter but just wondered what would be the best way to go.

Thanks

Check out Switches Simplified in our FAQ sectioin, for a basic understanding.
You might be tempted to skip down to the posts on MultiSwitches, but you'll notice that they can be ganged with others to create a more complicated switch matrix.
So, it'll help to read all the material ahead of Multiswitches, to get the full picture. ;)

If you want to run a bunch of receivers, dual-output LNBs, and Multiswitches will play a central part. - :cool:

That is a Starband transmitter. Don't throw it away, they bring good $ on the used market. Check E-bay.

GL, Eric

The LNB will work fine for KU Band...the transmitter is useless. Thats the thing underneath the arm. The LNB is **usually** both polarities but may only be one. You'd have to look

The 2nd pic shows the back of the dish with the elevation screw which is easier to slightly change elevation than a normal dish. My Primestar dishes have that same thing

These work very well with the dish. I have three of them all single polarities, I think. How do you tell if they will do both? Can they be set to do both? Two are single (one of each).

Last edited by a moderator:

These work very well with the dish. I have three of them all single polarities, I think. How do you tell if they will do both? Can they be set to do both? Two are single (one of each).
Here's what I was going to try.Need a 3x4 multiswitch, and 2 Rx LNB
  1. Take the 120 degrees long pipe off.
  2. Attach LNB at the 90
  3. Wire 18V to the LNB you just added.
  4. Rotate original LNB to Vertical position and wire it to 13V
I want to know if that works, but those single-polarity Rx LNB are $40 a piece new

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts