LNB Type

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok lol seems like i should just set it up the way it is and play with it. I can not find information on the LNB so have no idea if it is single of dual polarity.

Not a big deal to put a pipe in the ground and see what happens. :)

I would take the transmit part off but have nothing to block the opening with so probably better to just leave it and make sure the f connection on the transmit part is taped up good?

I guess I am an animal of the type that hates to use something only half way and would rather someone that could use it use it. ;)

ok lol seems like i should just set it up the way it is and play with it. I can not find information on the LNB so have no idea if it is single of dual polarity.

Not a big deal to put a pipe in the ground and see what happens. :)

I would take the transmit part off but have nothing to block the opening with so probably better to just leave it and make sure the f connection on the transmit part is taped up good?

I guess I am an animal of the type that hates to use something only half way and would rather someone that could use it use it. ;)

I took the transmitter part off of one of them yesterday. It was a horizontal one and had it aimed at Hispasat at 30W. I had the LNB attached to a superbuddy on a Horizontal transponder. Before I took it off it was locked at 80, after I took the transmitter off, it was still at 80. It was much lighter without it on. I need to find something to cover the hole. I did not have time to put a second Ku LNB on the hole to try that. This was with the Starband dish that one of these LNB's came with. They work very well.

I found some more information on the LNB at the starband installer site. I can see where the TX part of it can be changed from H to V but have not found anything on the RX part of it. So starband must only send in one polarity but have the option depending on what Sat. you are hitting to use H and V for sending from the ground unit.

That is a single polarity LNB. You have to change the polarity mechanicly. On the Starband feed, loosen 4 phillips head screws and swing the elbow (with the LNB attached) either up or down to change polarity. Hope i didn't read too fast and give you bad info. I've got photos at home (work right now) if you need them. let me know.

Regards, eric

What I found when I was tinkering with the Tx/Rx setup is that the pipe had 2 lines indicating H and V but after trying to pickup transponders I found that to be the reverse. Look at how the first picture has the H with all of the Skew lines around it.
It's as though the H/V lines were for the Tx polarity and the Rx was automatically opposite.

To pick up Vertical channels the setup needed to be set to H and vice versa.

These pictures are from last winter. The dish was aimed at 123W to pick up RTN, later Equity (which are/were Vertical) until I started to move on. The Geosatpro LNBF is aimed at 129W for Whitesprings TV.

If I really need to I can go haul out the whole getup if that wasn't clear enough

Attachments

• 1218081421.jpg
    1218081421.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 1218081421a.jpg
    1218081421a.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 140
That makes since to me. I would not have guessed that it would work that way. Still seems to me that the Eagle aspen might be easier lol. Rather than only getting one polarity or the other. :D

I am going to try to get a chance to mess with it and see what happens. Since 97W is my true south it should be pretty easy to test it out.

I once saw a link to a tool that would tell you what distance you had to be away from an object at X hieght to be at X angle to have line of sight. anyone know where to find that again? :confused:

Chuck

I once saw a link to a tool that would tell you what distance you had to be away from an object at X hieght to be at X angle to have line of sight. anyone know where to find that again? :confused:

Chuck

That is at DishPointer.com, and there is a link on the tab towards the top of each forum page here.

That makes since to me. I would not have guessed that it would work that way. Still seems to me that the Eagle aspen might be easier lol. Rather than only getting one polarity or the other. :D
Eagle Aspen or the refurb ChannelMaster/NJR witht the multiswitch are alot easier.
I've ruined too many good aims on account of switching the polaritywith that TX/Rx getup :rolleyes: :eek:

I am going to try to get a chance to mess with it and see what happens. Since 97W is my true south it should be pretty easy to test it out.

Chuck
I use dishpointer.com
Check the Line-of-sight box on the top right in the Google maps part.

that does have the same type thing but that is not the one I was thinking of.

Guess I could just look up the formula but I hate math lol. The one I was thinking of just allowed you to put in how tall and object was and then the angle you needed and it would tell you how far back you had to be. Or you could put in two of the ather varibles and it would answer the other. I will have to do some searching.

Chuck

What I found when I was tinkering with the Tx/Rx setup is that the pipe had 2 lines indicating H and V but after trying to pickup transponders I found that to be the reverse. Look at how the first picture has the H with all of the Skew lines around it.
It's as though the H/V lines were for the Tx polarity and the Rx was automatically opposite.

To pick up Vertical channels the setup needed to be set to H and vice versa.

These pictures are from last winter. The dish was aimed at 123W to pick up RTN, later Equity (which are/were Vertical) until I started to move on. The Geosatpro LNBF is aimed at 129W for Whitesprings TV.

If I really need to I can go haul out the whole getup if that wasn't clear enough

this post clearly states (and shows) exactly what I was trieing to say. I'll not bother to post my photo as it is just like the first one here. Starband does indeed refer to polarity sort of backwards.

GL, Eric

Ordered the Eagle Aspen 270 Ku Band Dual Output Linear LNBF for the channel master dish. Now to get it and start playing with it. At least now I will be able to get something to watch. Questions will be forthcoming I am sure :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts